Alert

The Discord Teamspeak Civil War Begins

Started by Pandette , Oct 12 2016 07:32 PM

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Poll: Which Do you prefer? (36 member(s) have cast votes)

Discord or Teamspeak?

1. Discord (28 votes [77.78%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 77.78%

2. Teamspeak (7 votes [19.44%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 19.44%

3. I have yet to try both. (1 votes [2.78%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 2.78%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Pandette
  • Pandette
  • Special Advisor to the Wizengamot
  • Administrators
  • 2648 posts
  • IGN:iarepandemonium

If you haven't tried discord yet, the ip is:https://discord.gg/r2wdqnh

You can connect in a browser (as long as its not internet explorer) or download a client from discord.gg

Teamspeak is what we are trying to move from.  If you havne't tried both, please keep from voting until you have if possible.

LET THE CIVIL WAR BEGIN!

Gracen Night
  • Gracen Night
  • O.W.L. Student
  • 161 posts
  • IGN:Gracen Bellnight

Discord offers many options for staff advancement including a built in staff chat and Q/A Topic chats. It will be better in the long run. If you are voting no simply because you cannot work Discord, I would love to help you troubleshoot!

Pandette
  • Pandette
  • Administrators
  • 2648 posts

@Seph @Kaoiyr Please join the discord server and use it for a bit before making a vote.  Esp seph who has not been on our server yet

Crane
  • Crane
  • Chief of the Wizards Council
  • Administrators
  • 743 posts
  • IGN:Liam Blishwick

I feel like Discord is able to take knockturn to a point that Teamspeak really didn't.

When we play games while on discord, others can see what we are playing, we can follow chats etc.

It just seems like a better tool to stay connected and maybe also to do other stuff with the Knockturn Community than pretending we are Harry Plopper 24/7 :P

I for one play Overwatch a little every now and then and I wouldn't mind others to play with :P

Kat Kirkland
  • Kat Kirkland
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • 451 posts
  • IGN:Kat [KneeCapDeleter] Weasley

My only issue is with Discord is that you can't talk in chat in a room/channel with those who are speaking- and you HAVE to choose one or another.
If this IS possible, I have yet to know- I just know from what I was told.

Pandette
  • Pandette
  • Administrators
  • 2648 posts

My only issue is with Discord is that you can't talk in chat in a room/channel with those who are speaking- and you HAVE to choose one or another.

its a feature they are planning to implement soon.  Additionally the chat room is pretty cool in general anyway.  We have different chat topics now and discord is free so some ppl who couldnt get ts bc they could only get it on a phone can now get it.  Additionally ppl who cant download can now use it bc discord can be used without downloading.

Viøletta
  • Viøletta
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • 307 posts
  • IGN:Violetta Arelle

The Discord app on mobile lets you be in a chat and a speaking channel at the same time, if you didn't know. Pretty easy to use on mobile as well, since I use everything on my phone. Comparing TS and Discord on mobile terms, Discord is much easier to use and allows you to see more info on it than TS allows. (Ex. TS doesn't let you see people in the channels, Discord does.)

Pandette
  • Pandette
  • Administrators
  • 2648 posts

Kat, if you have friends you want to privately talk to, and add them, you can make your own channel amongst your friends and then they can chat and you can be on a call with them in the same place.  It's only server channels that are separated.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Alert

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users