27 replies to this topic

FlareFritz
  • FlareFritz
  • O.W.L. Student
  • Student
  • 119 posts
  • IGN:Fritz Ignis

Greetings people of Knockturn!

The season of Autumn is a beautiful time of year. The leaves change color, the air grows cooler and the pumpkin spice lattes grow abundant.

I feel like we should have an event that celebrates this nice time of year. So I decided what better to do the trick than a dance? This dance will be held on Saturday, October 29th

Though this dance won't be confined to only the dance hall. The dance will also feature a decorated tapestry corridor leading all the way to a mini Autumn fair in the Transfiguration courtyard. The fair will have stalls with food and non-alcoholic drinks, hay carts to take screenshots in, and a boat ride you can ride with your sweetheart.

There will also be a few events along with the dance.

7:30 PM EST -- The Dance starts. There will be music, dancing etc.

8:15 PM EST -- Autumn poem contest. Contestants who entered will get up on stage and read their poems. After all the contestants go the audience will vote on a winner. The winner will get a prize. If you wish to enter the poetry contest please post your Autumn related poems below.

8:45 PM EST -- Autumn/Halloween themed Spell contest. Spells created by contestants will possibly have their idea coded by Pande herself. This one may not happen depending on if many spells are entered or not. Contestants who entered a spell will have their spell shown off and the audience will vote for their favorite. If you wish to enter a spell please post the suggestion below. You can include movements, tier, effect, and incantation. All 4 of these may be subject to change as Pande sees fit so don't throw a fit if the spell doesn't come out how you imagined it.

9:15 PM EST -- Dance ends. BUT that's not all for the events!

9:30 PM EST -- Karaoke Night 3.0. This will be held in the Karaoke Room on Discord. This works the same way as the last one, message me with the song you want to sing to get in queue and I'll call your name and announce the song when it's your turn. Now you might be thinking, “But Fritz you just hosted a Karaoke night not too long ago”. So what? It's my event and I'll host what I want. DON'T QUESTION IT MOM IT'S NOT A PHASE!

THE DANCE WILL NOW BE HELD TOMORROW (10/30) AT THE SAME TIME BECAUSE FRITZ HAS NO POWER DUE TO A STORM

FroschThink
  • FroschThink
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • Student
  • 205 posts
  • IGN:Josh Dun

Spell Idea: Pumpiohatus

Tier: 2-3

Effect: Causes a jack-o-lantern to pop onto someone's head, cannot be removed, and it disappears after a set amount of time.

Movements: Idk

Cora
  • Cora
  • Chief of the Wizards Council
  • Student
  • 738 posts
  • IGN:Cora Prion // Corah

"Karaoke Night 3.0" Sounds fun! Can't wait to check it out. <3

Harry King
  • Harry King
  • O.W.L. Student
  • Student
  • 175 posts
  • IGN:Harry King

Inportunitas Vicere
Tier:3-4
Description:Causes victim to gain night vision, and multiple 1/10 second blindness streaks, to creat the effect of a person blinking. Victim also gains Slowness 1 during the non-blindness periods of time. (This might not be possible but if it is, it would be great)

StaceyChaø
  • StaceyChaø
  • Professor
  • 518 posts
  • IGN:Stacey Longbottom

Can I dance with a table? Like, there should be a table on the dance floor so I can dance with <3

Stacey x Table = a Stable Relationship XD

Aquilonn
  • Aquilonn
  • Wizengamot
  • 5668 posts
  • IGN:Andrew Arima

Unexpecto Patrollum

Tier 9

Description: A giant hulking troll erupts from a swirl of red, yellow, and orange. This troll targets the nearest player who is not the caster, advances toward them, and tries to kill them. This lasts for up to a minute. This troll will be able to be killed by the same spells that hurt a normal troll. The conjured troll has hit points equivalent to the user's number of casts in the spell divided by 100 with a minimum being 5 if it would be lower. On a backfire, the user gains Slowness 1, but the troll will still be conjured. Only difference is that it has double health and will only target the user for 30 seconds regardless of how long the troll would normally be active for.

Movements would ideally be Expecto Patronum in reverse order.

Pandette
  • Pandette
  • Special Advisor to the Wizengamot
  • Administrators
  • 2648 posts
  • IGN:iarepandemonium

Spell Idea: Pumpiohatus

Tier: 2-3

Effect: Causes a jack-o-lantern to pop onto someone's head, cannot be removed, and it disappears after a set amount of time.

Movements: Idk

You mean..... pepifors ?

Crane
  • Crane
  • Administrators
  • 743 posts
  • IGN:Liam Blishwick

Wait is pepifors a spell?

You mean..... pepifors ?

I need that for a canon potion I have had finished for ages ;-;

LukeS
  • LukeS
  • O.W.L. Student
  • Student
  • 157 posts
  • IGN:LewkTHEsheW // Luke Schoenheit

Why does everything have to be so late *cries bc he can't show off his singing skillz* ;-; Anyways, this sounds kewl!

Grace
  • Grace
  • Witch/Wizard
  • Student
  • 85 posts
  • IGN:Grace Granger

Why does everything have to be so late *cries bc he can't show off his singing skillz* ;-; Anyways, this sounds kewl!

Saem timezones kill me :-:

Aquilonn
  • Aquilonn
  • Wizengamot
  • 5668 posts
  • IGN:Andrew Arima

@Bella Scarlet came up with this one, I just built off it and made it fit with the theme. :D

Gratias Potestatem

Tier 10

Description: Wanting to spread their thanks, the user teleports to the nearest player or the player they specify that is in a certain radius and remind them of everything they should be thankful for. The target is so inspired with gratitude that it empowers them, allowing them to withstand more pain in light of their realization, granting them 5 hearts of the Absorption effect for 7 seconds.

Movements: Swish Right > Swish Left > Swish Down and to the Left > Swish Up

Kaoiyr
  • Kaoiyr
  • Witch/Wizard
  • Student
  • 54 posts
  • IGN:Vincent Marius

Here's a fun spell idea, Fritz.

Incantation: Miedo (Spanish for "Fear")

Tier : 8-10, somewhere in there.

Effect: For a short duration, it instills absolute fear and terror into the target. Screaming, similar to that of Rektusempra occurs, slowness, and stumbled movement, similar to that of Rictusempra, because the target is flailing or jittering in fright. This will only last for maybe 20-25 seconds, at max experience for the spell.

Movements: Up to the left, left, up, down, right, down to the right. (Movements may seem difficult because well.. the effects can be nasty.)

Draco
  • Draco
  • 605 posts

Inportunitas Vicere
Tier:3-4
Description:Causes victim to gain night vision, and multiple 1/10 second blindness streaks, to creat the effect of a person blinking. Victim also gains Slowness 1 during the non-blindness periods of time. (This might not be possible but if it is, it would be great)

That should actually be possible, but a little hard? I don't know.

Crane
  • Crane
  • Administrators
  • 743 posts
  • IGN:Liam Blishwick

Can we get like a reaper from overwatch apparition. You cast the spell at a place and black particles whirl up around you for 2 seconds while a few are where you pointed. Then you teleport there and are frozen in place for another 2 seconds while you "materialize" also with the particles whirling up around you

Draco
  • Draco
  • 605 posts

Can we get like a reaper from overwatch apparition. You cast the spell at a place and black particles whirl up around you for 2 seconds while a few are where you pointed. Then you teleport there and are frozen in place for another 2 seconds while you "materialize" also with the particles whirling up around you

Love the idea. Love Overwatch. you literally stole the idea right from my mind ;-;

Pandette
  • Pandette
  • Special Advisor to the Wizengamot
  • Administrators
  • 2648 posts
  • IGN:iarepandemonium

This means we would have to add channeling to spellbook.  which is planned but is not in yet

Katherine <3
  • Katherine <3
  • O.W.L. Student
  • Student
  • 145 posts
  • IGN:kathvocado

for once I'm actually thankful to be in PST {pacific standard time}

WOOOOO

Katherine <3
  • Katherine <3
  • O.W.L. Student
  • Student
  • 145 posts
  • IGN:kathvocado

Incantation: Chauve Souris

Tier: 5

Description: When cast properly, a flock of owls is unleashed from the wand and harms everything in its way (until it hits a solid block) taking away 4 hearts at a time. This spell does not damage any mobs other than normal animals in towny and it harms people. It kills animals in 2 hits. The backfire has the owls come out of the wand but they attack you instead. If you are wearing a pumpkin in /hat, the owls will only take away 1 heart from the target/caster.

Movement: Left > Right > Up > Down > Jab

Ophelia Clairmont
  • Ophelia Clairmont
  • O.W.L. Student
  • Student
  • 168 posts
  • IGN:Ophelia Clairmont

Autumn poem
The trees are gleaming above my head
Their sunset colors orange and red
A beautiful shower of the leaves so bright
Surrounding the pavement in a glowing light
A mild breeze swept over my shoulder
A definite sign things were getting colder
The smell of the cool crisp air all day
Complemented by the sun's golden ray
Was just enough to make one think
That life had gone by in less than a blink
As I watched and saw all the gilded components
I realized I would never forget this moment
THE END
(I hope I didn't submit this too late)

Ophelia Clairmont
  • Ophelia Clairmont
  • O.W.L. Student
  • Student
  • 168 posts
  • IGN:Ophelia Clairmont

Hello again! Unfortunately, I might not be able to make it to the Autumn Nights Dance. If so, would it be okay for someone else to read my poem if necessary? Thanks, 

Opehlia

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Event

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users