• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Da_DrDude
  • Da_DrDude
  • O.W.L. Student
  • Student
  • 100 posts
  • IGN:John [_Quincy] Adams

Okay so, in my language arts class, my teacher would give us a latin phrase every week. One of them, was "modus operandi" (the meaning is "method of operating", but ignore that XD) 

I figured, it sounded like a really cool spell. So here is my idea:

It's a lot like Expulso, however, this spell would push you a lot farther away, where as Expulso only pushes you a little bit. I am thinking maybe the tier would be tier 3 or 4 ish.  

Aquilonn
  • Aquilonn
  • Wizengamot
  • 5668 posts
  • IGN:Andrew Arima

It's a lot like Expulso, however, this spell would push you a lot farther away, where as Expulso only pushes you a little bit. I am thinking maybe the tier would be tier 3 or 4 ish.  

The issue is, Expulso is actually, believe it or not, a Tier 5 spell. As such, a spell that is better than Expulso at its job but a lower tier, would completely defeat the point of EVER using Expulso over this new, lower tier spell with the exception of those who currently have Expulso Nonverbal. That being said, it wouldn't take long before people get this new spell Nonverbal anyway. I think this idea sounds cool in theory, but I'm afraid it would make Expulso, a long time existing spell, highly irrelevant, which is not a good idea in my eyes.

Da_DrDude
  • Da_DrDude
  • O.W.L. Student
  • Student
  • 100 posts

k kewl

Draco
  • Draco
  • Chief of the Wizards Council
  • 605 posts

Perhaps, we could alter the way your spell works? Like it combines Alarte and Expulso into one? At a tier 7 - 9 range?

Viøletta
  • Viøletta
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • 307 posts
  • IGN:Violetta Arelle

It's a nice suggestion, but I personally don't see the need for it when we have other spells along those lines. It's very alike Expulso, Deprimo, Alarte... plus, having a spell that is supposedly stronger than Expulso and in lower tiers than it, doesn't make a lot of sense. Let's not give the hooligans students another way to push Professor's off desks.

Veara Titan
  • Veara Titan
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • Student
  • 403 posts
  • IGN:Veara Titan / Veara_

Well, here's another thing, I already coded a spell that is very similar, if not, this spell. It's not in the server yet, but I have it made.

Da_DrDude
  • Da_DrDude
  • O.W.L. Student
  • Student
  • 100 posts

Okay, interesting!  I forgot about Expulso's tier level, but, what if you were to lower the tier of expulso, and then put Modus Operandi at a higher level, as Draco said.  And, to fix the problem Violetta mentioned,  we make it to where you can't cast that spell in the classrooms. (during or not during class)

Pandette
  • Pandette
  • Special Advisor to the Wizengamot
  • Administrators
  • 2648 posts
  • IGN:iarepandemonium

Okay, interesting!  I forgot about Expulso's tier level, but, what if you were to lower the tier of expulso, and then put Modus Operandi at a higher level, as Draco said.  And, to fix the problem Violetta mentioned,  we make it to where you can't cast that spell in the classrooms. (during or not during class)

So willing to pile work on that is quite annoying to code

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Server

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users