I wanted people to vote on this because I think it effects everyone.
Currently Non-verbals work like this:
Around 3k casts (more or less) you are able to get a non-verbal, but each individual non-verbal has to be leveled.
- Spells are all worked for
- Dueling is more unique
- People with non-verbal curses are SCREWED
- Non-canon > Doesn't make sense that after aquiring non-verbal you wouldn't get better at it.
- Doesn't let you 'level non-verbal'
Proposed Change -
Non-verbal will be set to a higher cast level (around 5k casts) however, once your OVERALL spell casts (calculated from the tiers) reaches a certain point ~ 30k, the required non-verbal level for a spell will decrease, making it so people could even get it to the point that they would be able to non-verbal a spell without practicing it (because it would be based on non-verbal level which would improve with casting.)
- Canon since people improve ability with spell ability
- Allows people to improve on non-verbal
- Non-verbal cursed people aren't screwed anymore since they also can improve non-verbal rates.
- Allows non-verbal to be more considered a rate of growth
- Allows non-verbal to be more regularly used in duels and in higher duel tiers.
- Less unique spell training for duels.
So the choice is yours !
Personally I think the change will really improve non-verbal as a skill and make it less painful and more dynamic for people.