A guide for Moderators on how to handle a new user.
If you are encountering a new user please follow this check list:
- Do /invsee to make sure they have a starter guide!
- All new users should get a starter guide & follow it!
- Not all new users see it!
- Also verify they have a wand && it is owned by them.
- Some users don't know they need to right click & get to class & WAND TICKET!
- If they don't listen to you, try for at least 5 minutes, especially if they just left oak
- Many new users are scared and alone & don't realize you are speaking to them. They might take a bit to get oriented. If you follow them around a bit, they will usually realize they need you.
- If the new user is following the starter guide & talking to you, ask them to do /helpop if they have questions
- additionally make sure you are answering /helpop
- Don't abandon them when they get sorted.
- Ask them if they need anything else.
- Points them to the spell tutorial
- teach them how to see their /profile or do /classtime
- show them their common room