13 replies to this topic

Pandette
  • Pandette
  • Special Advisor to the Wizengamot
  • Administrators
  • 2648 posts
  • IGN:iarepandemonium

Hey Everyone,

To counter the tier lock we are going to change homework rules.  Professors will now post their homework on a board in the classroom.  You have 24 hours after it is posted to do the homework & owl it to the professor.  On that note, we will be removing homework bins and expecting people to owl the professor directly.

Pandette

Umbreon Yuuki
  • Umbreon Yuuki
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • Student
  • 254 posts
  • IGN:Umbreon River Yuuki - UmbreonQueen

Is there a place were there are owls people can use to do so if they don't have their own?

Cris
  • Cris
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • 320 posts
  • IGN:Cris Anna Malfoy

@Umbreon Yuuki Hedwig in GH, and I think there are some in the Owlery too (has floo fireplace I believe)

Pandette
  • Pandette
  • Administrators
  • 2648 posts

Is there a place were there are owls people can use to do so if they don't have their own?

EH and Owlery have owls.  Floo name is 'owlery'

Kwesi
  • Kwesi
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • Student
  • 236 posts
  • IGN:Gareott Armstrong

Alright, just so I fully understand how the owl mailing system works: we send it directly to their inventory, right? What happens if the professor's inventory is full, because I can see how that would cause a problem. Is there any other part of the mailing feature to combat this that I don't know about? If so, I'd love to know, thanks.

Pandette
  • Pandette
  • Administrators
  • 2648 posts

Alright, just so I fully understand how the owl mailing system works: we send it directly to their inventory, right? What happens if the professor's inventory is full, because I can see how that would cause a problem. Is there any other part of the mailing feature to combat this that I don't know about? If so, I'd love to know, thanks.

No, it sends to an owl inventory.  It doesn't send directly to a player's inventory

Pandette
  • Pandette
  • Administrators
  • 2648 posts

Also the inventory in question for the owl has up to 10 pages, which is 24 slots * 10 so 240 spaces.  If this is somehow full it sends the player a message 'this peron's mailbox is full'

Aquilonn
  • Aquilonn
  • Wizengamot
  • 5668 posts
  • IGN:Andrew Arima

Hey Everyone,

To counter the tier lock we are going to change homework rules.  Professors will not post their homework on a board in the classroom.  You have 24 hours after it is posted to do the homework & owl it to the professor.  On that note, we will be removing homework bins and expecting people to owl the professor directly.

Pandette

Will not post on a board in the classroom or will now? You refer to what happens after it is posted so I am confused. :P

Luff
  • Luff
  • O.W.L. Student
  • Builder
  • 145 posts
  • IGN:Lufiteab

Um you have to send the homework to the professer by mail??? How is this cannon? Like I know it's a new system and everyone is hype but I thought this was supposed to be as close to cannon(book or movie) as possible??

Pandette
  • Pandette
  • Administrators
  • 2648 posts

Um you have to send the homework to the professer by mail??? How is this cannon? Like I know it's a new system and everyone is hype but I thought this was supposed to be as close to cannon(book or movie) as possible??

There is no solid thing saying that students DIDNT send it by mail.  It is most likely they turned it in during class, but since we were doing it by homework bins before, this isn't even 'canon'.  The mail reason why sending it by owl mail is that there are professors who have not been grading (Veara.... Veara.... Vearaa... or Veara) and if its in their owl mail they will actually see it.  Also, this makes it less clustered where some professors change classes etc and still have a 'homework bin' there which is not canon to have either (ie: lasagna train was still on charms)

Luff
  • Luff
  • O.W.L. Student
  • Builder
  • 145 posts
  • IGN:Lufiteab

@Pandette ohhhh thank you so much for explain I get it! XD thanks for explains this!!

Pandette
  • Pandette
  • Administrators
  • 2648 posts

Not sure how this is countering the tier lock, this would seem to make it more difficult because previously we were given until the end of the unit to do the homework and assignments were shared by word of mouth. Since we're only getting 24 hours to do it, is the length requirement going to be decreased? I've taken a full week to do homework assignments on Knockturn simply because I get so annoyed with the way the books work and how difficult they are to format.

Because before some teachers could NOT tell you the homework & bc now people who are offline during times normally the server is populate are able to get the homework.  This is NOT for people who are online in the USA, it's for the people who live in Europe, Australia, or asian countries that don't match our time zone.  Also, you should not have had until the unit to finish homework.  That is due to professor laziness NOT to them follow proper rules.

Viøletta
  • Viøletta
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • 307 posts
  • IGN:Violetta Arelle

@Just_MagiKKal As stated in the original post, you have 24 hours to complete the assignment and turn it into the Professor via owl. If people have read this post, they will know. I can post that info on my board if it helps remind people, but after 24 hours the Professor should take down the homework anyways.

Pandette
  • Pandette
  • Administrators
  • 2648 posts

@Just_MagiKKal As stated in the original post, you have 24 hours to complete the assignment and turn it into the Professor via owl. If people have read this post, they will know. I can post that info on my board if it helps remind people, but after 24 hours the Professor should take down the homework anyways.

unless you're like me and don't.  I will try and find a way to make finding the class number easier so ppl can look up homework for the class with lessons.  I know you can already set it, but its hard to look it up

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Alert

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users