Alert

Rule Research Survey

Started by Pandette , Nov 15 2016 03:55 PM

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Poll: To Rule or Not To Rule (69 member(s) have cast votes)

Swear Rule: What is your opinion on it.

1. I personally think that swears should be permitted in global, even swears that are extremely vulgar (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. I think swears should be in global, but not extremely vulgar ones, but I am okay with vulgar ones (20 votes [28.99%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 28.99%

3. I think swears should be in global, but I don't think i can stay on the server if there are vulgar swears (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. I don't think swears should be in global regardless of vulgarity. (Current Rule) (49 votes [71.01%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 71.01%

Spells in the Forbidden Forest

1. I think that killing should be permitted in the forbidden forest (15 votes [21.74%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 21.74%

2. I think that you should be able to cast spells on people as long as it doesn't kill (14 votes [20.29%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 20.29%

3. I want to be able to fight mobs without fear of being attacked by a player (Current Rule) (40 votes [57.97%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 57.97%

Spell Sharing

1. I think spells should be sharable by all people (11 votes [15.94%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 15.94%

2. I think spells should only be shared if they are in books (Current Rule) (20 votes [28.99%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 28.99%

3. I think spells should only be shared among friends regardless of if it in a book (35 votes [50.72%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 50.72%

4. I don't think spell sharing should be permitted at all (3 votes [4.35%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.35%

Vote Guests cannot vote

Pandette
  • Pandette
  • Special Advisor to the Wizengamot
  • Administrators
  • 2648 posts
  • IGN:iarepandemonium

Hey guys,

As always we want to know how everyone feels about stuff.  We strive to not make this a dictatorship and that the people have a vote in how the community works.  While we realize somethings aren't solely popular vote, we will make an effort to implement stuff in ways that everyone gets a voice.  So I wanted to do a survey on some rules that you may or may not like to try and see if things have changed since they were implemented.

Pandette

Bella Scarlet
  • Bella Scarlet
  • Court Scribe
  • Student
  • 1275 posts
  • IGN:bella

with the ff how will u force not killing? yea u can say no killing but it always happens anyway ? im just curious how will u force it so people wont kill people?

Pandette
  • Pandette
  • Administrators
  • 2648 posts

with the ff how will u force not killing? yea u can say no killing but it always happens anyway ? im just curious how will u force it so people wont kill people?

We have had it based on screen shots just liek everything else.  Kill people, get punished.

VDD
  • VDD
  • Witch/Wizard
  • 65 posts
  • IGN:VDD

At this second, I believe that the first two rules on the survey are already perfect. For the spell sharing, I feel that eventually, it's gonna get around anyway. Not sure how we could tell that someone only shared a spell with their friends, as I feel that people will share them with whoever, no matter what.

Just my opinions.

- VDD

Bob Titan
  • Bob Titan
  • Chief of the Wizards Council
  • 829 posts
  • IGN:Bob Titan

I feel for the most part no spell sharing, but you can't help of a few people share with their friends.

Veara Titan
  • Veara Titan
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • Student
  • 403 posts
  • IGN:Veara Titan / Veara_

When you say (for the spell sharing rule) "in the books", do you mean in the Harry Potter books? Or in a book that is in-game?

Harry King
  • Harry King
  • O.W.L. Student
  • Student
  • 175 posts
  • IGN:Harry King

I feel like the swearing rule wasnt needed, but i'm glad that at the moment, it's tilted towards staying the same. I feel like swearing in a game makes it less fun for people, whom, like me, want to be language-free while i play my game

Other than that, idc much about the other two.

Bella Scarlet
  • Bella Scarlet
  • Court Scribe
  • Student
  • 1275 posts
  • IGN:bella

with the language ruoe i just think at times its way to strict one example is not being able to say danm i see not one bit of harm in that word cause you can use it for good to like danm that was a close game but thats my opinion that should be less strict  

Kaoiyr
  • Kaoiyr
  • Witch/Wizard
  • Student
  • 54 posts
  • IGN:Vincent Marius

In my opinion, I want to keep no cussing in global, this server has a lot of children present, and cussing would best be not shown around them. Plus, it's Hogwarts. Don't cuss in school, bruh.
In terms of the Forbidden Forest, I believe killing should be allowed. The Forbidden Forest is supposed to be dangerous. If you want to kill mobs or get xp, there's enemies in the school, and classes. The FF is supposed to be scary, Year Ones shouldn't venture in there.
And about spellsharing, it pretty much happens anyways, whether it's in a book or not. Might as well just let it be shared.

Annnub
  • Annnub
  • Builder
  • 523 posts
  • IGN:App Ellis

For cursing, I agree with what Vincent said about children being present. The server is family friend and the current rule has worked so well why change it? No matter how bad the curse word is it shouldn't be allowed, imagine if a 7-9 year old saw it and started repeating it in real life situations! You would only be able to blame yourself for saying it in front of them.
For killing in Forbidden Forest, I see where people come from on the first years not allowed, but I also don't think it's cannon when someone kills someone in the Forbidden Forest... With being able to cast, but not kill maybe make it to where harmful spells / damage spells aren't allowed, because you don't know when it's one Vicis too many. Also, a majority of money is made there and it's a good place for spell spamming and as a first year that is VERY important.
For Spell Sharing, I believe the current rule of only share it within a friends group less then 5 and not in a public area already works great! The spells get around, and spells that aren't in the book but are meant to be passed around also get passed around well and makes it to where you really have to listen to find them! ;3 Also, lots of classes where you learn spells teach you these spells, so if everyone could share it whenever, wherever it makes classes where you learn spells not as exciting for those who want to cast a new (to them) spell at the end of class.
All-in-all, the current rules have been working so well why change them? This is supposed to be cannon, family friendly, and exciting for all! Let's keep it that way. Just mah unessassary essay . ;P xD

Pandette
  • Pandette
  • Administrators
  • 2648 posts

@Zoe Hale Only reason I brought up these rules is because these are topics that seem to be heavily debated.  I am actually surprised at the amount of people who like the swear rule XD I thought it would be voted out.  I just like to try and keep everyone able to voice their opinion in the server

Bjor
  • Bjor
  • Witch/Wizard
  • Student
  • 69 posts
  • IGN:Bjor Vargr (Antler)

IMO antagonistic characters should be allowed to antagonize others without fear of (OOC) punishment if it's in the name of roleplaying. Likewise, if your character is a vigilante type and wants to rough some bullies up, they should be able to. And I generally feel this way for the whole server, not just the FF, but people who enjoying killing people for no reason other than killing people GREATLY outweigh people who put any thought into the idea of RPing, so I think the ban on killing is fair.

But I think spellcasting should be allowed if it doesn't kill, if only because I like sending my patronus after first years who rictusempra me (a little hypocritical after what I just said but w/e).

Pandette
  • Pandette
  • Administrators
  • 2648 posts

IMO antagonistic characters should be allowed to antagonize others without fear of (OOC) punishment if it's in the name of roleplaying. Likewise, if your character is a vigilante type and wants to rough some bullies up, they should be able to. And I generally feel this way for the whole server, not just the FF, but people who enjoying killing people for no reason other than killing people GREATLY outweigh people who put any thought into the idea of RPing, so I think the ban on killing is fair.

But I think spellcasting should be allowed if it doesn't kill, if only because I like sending my patronus after first years who rictusempra me (a little hypocritical after what I just said but w/e).

There is a difference between if someone is roleplaying and kills someone and people who is just killing people.  If the person in question is okay with being killed for a roleplay, then simply don't report it, and if someone does, the other person can simply say you were roleplaying.  The killing ban is a protection on people in the case of them killing other people without consent.

Draco
  • Draco
  • 605 posts

I agree entirely with Vincent, the FF is 'Forbidden' as such making it a place for violence to occur, thus making the 'No Killing' rule their quite, obscure. The swearing, I can see where Vincent is coming from, but lets not forget about the amounts of parents that buy 8-11 year olds 18+ games, so for all you know, they could already have that vocabulary within their mind. As with the spell sharing thing, I have my own Personal Spell docs already made from 11 months ago, when I joined.. with 3 or 4 people added to it. But I'm the only one that uses it on an active daily basis.

Umbreon Yuuki
  • Umbreon Yuuki
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • Student
  • 254 posts
  • IGN:Umbreon River Yuuki - UmbreonQueen

I agree with the swearing rule , but maybe loosen it up. Like damn , hell , Frickin , fudging etc should be allowed , BC my parents are very strict , but they don't care if I say stuff like that as long as I don't say the actual swear. Also , what if you want to say "that was a fudging good game of quidditch" there's nothing wrong with saying that is there? As long as the actual word isn't said I don't think its that has.
I know this is a rule that causes arguments on a lot of servers , but I think if we allow words like that it should stop arguments between people.

PinkiePurples
  • PinkiePurples
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • 472 posts
  • IGN:Pinkie Schoenheit

For the swear rule, I've been on some servers where /censor is a command, that lets you censor curses. This is just an idea that could be put in, so it's a win win for the swear rule.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Alert

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users