• IGN:Gracen Bellnight

unknown.png

made by ehari or Hari Bell

Aquilonn
  • Aquilonn
  • Wizengamot
  • 5668 posts
  • IGN:Andrew Arima

I like this idea! I think it could make homework for classes more realistic in a canon sense as well as more interesting. :D

Bella Scarlet
  • Bella Scarlet
  • Court Scribe
  • Student
  • 1275 posts
  • IGN:bella

i really really like the idea but the % on the spells is pretty over the top like to get out standing u need it to be wandless?? like yea i get its post to be hard but thats just my thaught lol 

Umbreon Yuuki
  • Umbreon Yuuki
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • Student
  • 254 posts
  • IGN:Umbreon River Yuuki - UmbreonQueen

Fantastic idea! But 1- 20% = poor, I don't think that's fair because if its a 24 hour thing some people could spell spam for 12 hours straight , were as others could only spell spam for not even 20 minutes.

Viøletta
  • Viøletta
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • 307 posts
  • IGN:Violetta Arelle

I like this idea, but I'm kind of iffy on it.
Like first years could spellspam this and get it up percents, but some of them don't really know how, or even have the time to. I feel this may make homework harder for new players.
Also the fact if someone has the spell at 50% and doesn't choose to spell spam it, they'd either stay at that percent or slowly go up whenever they choose to use it. In that case, it would basically be like free points to them because they didn't do any work. I also doubt the fact that the Professors will pay specific attention to people who have it at that percent and check if it has gone up once they are ready to be 'graded'.
This also may not work with timezones. We have the homework board to help with the timezones, but how are you supposed to grade someone else in another timezone when you have school and such going on? You probably wouldn't be online at the same time.

Pandette
  • Pandette
  • Special Advisor to the Wizengamot
  • Administrators
  • 2648 posts
  • IGN:iarepandemonium

@Gracen Night transfiguration has quizzes for the last spell at the beginning of class & in addition to that they give grades for being fast at casting a spell, usually meaning doing the spell successfully in a row.

Pandette
  • Pandette
  • Administrators
  • 2648 posts

Herbology IS supposed to assign plants, and potions would encourage cheating.  also its hard for professors to keep track of 40 different student's spell %.  Points will be rewarded in quests in the future anyway so there is no need to upset the points process when most of this is implemented in a way that doesnt involve professor's losing their heads.

Pandette
  • Pandette
  • Administrators
  • 2648 posts

@Gracen Night also this encourages macroing which we are trying to avoid

Draco
  • Draco
  • Chief of the Wizards Council
  • 605 posts

I like the idea, but if the class was given a Light Charm (Lumos for example) in charms, what would I do? I have 'double' wandlessed it, over 22k casts on it. I'd essentially have no point in the HW.

Harry King
  • Harry King
  • O.W.L. Student
  • Student
  • 175 posts
  • IGN:Harry King

Draco, how are you able to tell that you have 22k+ casts on it? There is only up to 10k casts on /profile

Bob Titan
  • Bob Titan
  • 829 posts
  • IGN:Bob Titan

You can guess, because 10K was X time, now I am at Y time so that is just over double.

Draco
  • Draco
  • 605 posts

True @Bob Titan, 10K was 10m for me now I'm at 22m which as you say, is over double.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Server

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users