Restraining Orders (Woah)

Started by Draco , Nov 18 2016 10:58 PM

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Draco
  • Draco
  • Chief of the Wizards Council
  • 605 posts

So, Veara and I were looking at the Transfig spells. And I've also had a past of annoyance with a certain user.

And when this user didn't move so that I could show Veara a bug, but instead they got in the way even more. We decided, it could be an interesting idea for this.

If the user has 3 infractions with a user, then a restraining order could be claimed. Or something, not to sure what the consequences could be. Or how it'd work, but we think it's an intricate, unique idea.

Veara Titan
  • Veara Titan
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • Student
  • 403 posts
  • IGN:Veara Titan / Veara_

I support this idea, and I feel it would add more to the roleplay aspect of the server, while also dealing with a way to get away from annoying users.

Aquilonn
  • Aquilonn
  • Wizengamot
  • 5668 posts
  • IGN:Andrew Arima

If you're annoyed with a user, then you could easily bully them with this. Say you get a restraining order for me with the punishment for breaking it being progressive bans. All you would have to do is come near me, report it, and make it sound like I approached you, and I'd get banned. It's not like someone could easily check if I really came up to you or not, so it'd be a pretty easy way to get back at someone for annoying you.

Thalli Take
  • Thalli Take
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • Student
  • 227 posts
  • IGN:bagged_milk

It could just create a forcefield around you that makes it so that specific player can't get close to you. That would probably be a coding nightmare. Just an idea, though, rather than a ban or something like that. 

TempusVulpi
  • TempusVulpi
  • Muggle
  • Student
  • 4 posts
  • IGN:William

It could just create a forcefield around you that makes it so that specific player can't get close to you. That would probably be a coding nightmare. Just an idea, though, rather than a ban or something like that. 

You could abuse that by standing in doorways to prevent the player getting into classrooms and such

Aquilonn
  • Aquilonn
  • Wizengamot
  • 5668 posts
  • IGN:Andrew Arima

You could abuse that by standing in doorways to prevent the player getting into classrooms and such

Or just shove them off a tower or something to their deaths, or potentially into a wall to suffocate them to death. :P

TheStartreker
  • TheStartreker
  • Chief of the Wizards Council
  • Student
  • 771 posts
  • IGN:Star Thestral Holmes

Maybe, it would be simpler if there was a certain time when you can tell the annoying person not to come near you, then if they do it could result in like... something bad... I don't know, just throwing ideas out there, this is a difficult topic  :P

Pandette
  • Pandette
  • Special Advisor to the Wizengamot
  • Administrators
  • 2648 posts
  • IGN:iarepandemonium

This is an online community, people are going to be annoying.  Ask a staff for help next time, but we aren't gonna add something that will cause more headache than need be.

Veara Titan
  • Veara Titan
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • Student
  • 403 posts
  • IGN:Veara Titan / Veara_

All of the above makes sense, just a fun little idea, heh

Lisa Flume
  • Lisa Flume
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • Administrators
  • 414 posts
  • IGN:Lisa Flume

If anything, this would be something that would have to include like a trial/hearing through the Ministry of Magic to have one passed :P

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Server

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users