• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Orbical
  • Orbical
  • Muggle
  • Student
  • 2 posts
  • IGN:Orbi Baker

There should be an option to mute certain chats like Global or house that can be congested with  lots of spam. especially during classes which can cause the Professors words to be lost in the chat. 

Kat Kirkland
  • Kat Kirkland
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • 451 posts
  • IGN:Kat [KneeCapDeleter] Weasley

Correct me if I'm wrong, this has been suggested before?

I'd also like to comment that I support this. It needs to happen.

Thalli Take
  • Thalli Take
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • Student
  • 227 posts
  • IGN:bagged_milk

This would be nice especially if people are fighting in House chat. I've been on servers where I just dislike to hear chat because it's not very positive, and there's an option to disable your view of chat from other players. I found this very useful especially when there's no moderator available to deal with the issue. 

Umbreon Yuuki
  • Umbreon Yuuki
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • Student
  • 254 posts
  • IGN:Umbreon River Yuuki - UmbreonQueen

I think it could be a good idea , but if someone tries to contact you by saying something in that chat you might not know , so maybe if in your chat that your muting it says "[name] is muting this chat" or something like that

NerdyEevee
  • NerdyEevee
  • O.W.L. Student
  • Student
  • 138 posts
  • IGN:Eevee Miller

I think this is a really good idea! I really do like the idea of still being able to see house chat for those who want to, but letting others mute it if they don't. This could resolve a lot of fights too when people are talking in house chat and someones trying to listen to the prof and keeps telling them to shut up. Instead, they could just mute the chat.

Crane
  • Crane
  • Chief of the Wizards Council
  • Administrators
  • 743 posts
  • IGN:Liam Blishwick

I think it would be a little cool if you could do that.

I would however like it notifying me if my ign was said in that chat as a way of "reaching me" if I turned it off.
Same as with that, I would like it notifying you if you say the ign of someone who has the particular chat disabled
(of cause this should only work with ign and when online)

However I tend to get ideas that are difficult to code and I think this might be one.

VDD
  • VDD
  • Witch/Wizard
  • 65 posts
  • IGN:VDD

I really do like this idea. But it may be difficult to see what chats you can reach others by without knowing what chat(s) they have muted. Especially considering the removal of /me, which I believe is being/has been spoken about.

Thalli Take
  • Thalli Take
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • Student
  • 227 posts
  • IGN:bagged_milk

I play YET another server where they added a cool thing maybe a year ago- Say someone's username is bagged_milk, and someone says "bagged_milk" in chat. bagged_milk's computer will make a sound like a cat meowing (ocelot) and say in chat, "NerdyEevee mentioned you!" directly to bagged_milk. We could do something along the lines of this, and also use something like AFK where it will say "bagged_milk is AFK" when you try to message them. 

Pandette
  • Pandette
  • Special Advisor to the Wizengamot
  • Administrators
  • 2648 posts
  • IGN:iarepandemonium

I agree chat is getting a little spammed.  We plan on adding a cool-down on global chat.  Once that is in place, perhaps you can see how that feels.  If not, we may add the option that certain chats (house chat and global chat) are optional.  Local however will always be on.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Server

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users