• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

Lilly Knight
  • Lilly Knight
  • O.W.L. Student
  • Student
  • 180 posts
  • IGN:Lilly Knight

https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing         IGN:ShadowTheFox RP Name: Shadow Black Age Bracket: 1-13

Okay so, there are a few suggestions I have for your story.

1. You used a lot of commas instead of periods. You used 'and' a lot, which, imo, makes it very annoying to read tbh.

2. You could have used more descriptive words. Instead of saying "it was a tragic accident," for example, you could have said "She barely remembered her mother. The only memory was when she died. It was a terrible and tragic accident. She remembered crying for hours, missing her mum, her only protection."

3. For the chapters I suggest going to a new page every new chapter. I also suggest putting it in the center and maybe underlining, using bold, italics, or making it a bigger font. It just makes it easier to read.

4. You used a lot of capitalization wrong. I believe there is a tool in google docs that will correct this, but I'm not too sure.

5. I noticed that you used the wrong spelling at times. There is a tool in Google Docs that will also search for these and tell you how to correct them.

6. For dialogue you should go down a line for each new person who speaks. Example:

"How are you, Sean?" Ashley asked.

"I'm good, how are you?" Sean replied. "I had a lot of homework, which sucks," he said, pulling out parchment.

7. You missed a lot of Grammar. Always be sure you have the right " in the right place, commas, periods, and right punctuation.

8. You didn't have to put at the top it was written by you on every page o3o You also didn't need to put "Thanks for reading!" at the end.

You were submitted for entry. You might want to fix these, but it's up to you, I won't make you. Good luck.

Katherine <3
  • Katherine <3
  • O.W.L. Student
  • Student
  • 145 posts
  • IGN:kathvocado

Since there are 3 people in the 1-13 bracket, all 3 are bound to get a prize and it sorta takes the fun out of it. More boring making that there is only one person in both the 14-18 and the 19+. I would recommend it being so there were at least 6 people in each, but seeing as not many people are writers, maybe 5 would be good. Im just saying because when you are up against a lot of people, it sorta gives that "Wow I think i might actually beat these people! Im so excited to see the results!" feeling. But when you are only 3 people you are like "Since there are only 3 people I'm going to get a prize for sure. I guess i did a great job anyways though. yey" feeling.

Katherine <3
  • Katherine <3
  • O.W.L. Student
  • Student
  • 145 posts

We have until January 1st and I know at least 2 ppl who will be entering, so, /pray

/pray always. Bless.

ShadowBlackTheFox :3
  • ShadowBlackTheFox :3
  • Squib
  • Student
  • 15 posts
  • IGN:Shadow Black [ShadowTheFox]

Okay so, there are a few suggestions I have for your story.

1. You used a lot of commas instead of periods. You used 'and' a lot, which, imo, makes it very annoying to read tbh.

2. You could have used more descriptive words. Instead of saying "it was a tragic accident," for example, you could have said "She barely remembered her mother. The only memory was when she died. It was a terrible and tragic accident. She remembered crying for hours, missing her mum, her only protection."

3. For the chapters I suggest going to a new page every new chapter. I also suggest putting it in the center and maybe underlining, using bold, italics, or making it a bigger font. It just makes it easier to read.

4. You used a lot of capitalization wrong. I believe there is a tool in google docs that will correct this, but I'm not too sure.

5. I noticed that you used the wrong spelling at times. There is a tool in Google Docs that will also search for these and tell you how to correct them.

6. For dialogue you should go down a line for each new person who speaks. Example:

"How are you, Sean?" Ashley asked.

"I'm good, how are you?" Sean replied. "I had a lot of homework, which sucks," he said, pulling out parchment.

7. You missed a lot of Grammar. Always be sure you have the right " in the right place, commas, periods, and right punctuation.

8. You didn't have to put at the top it was written by you on every page o3o You also didn't need to put "Thanks for reading!" at the end.

You were submitted for entry. You might want to fix these, but it's up to you, I won't make you. Good luck.

Course I'll fix them, Thanks for letting me know of my mistakes, and I probably won't cause I did this at bedtime and I did get in trouble. but thanks for letting me know of my mistakes! oh and it naturally put it was written by me at the top.... the google docs did that each time I had a new paper o3o

Feriun
  • Feriun
  • Muggle
  • Student
  • 3 posts
  • IGN:Feriun/ Ethel Howden

Age Bracket: 19+

IGN: Feriun

Name: Jessica Ackerman (Ig name is Ethel Howden)

Link:  https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing

I wrote this a while ago when I was really obsessed with Anime which I think will be made apparent. It's basically a fanfiction so take that as you will. There's a few swears lingering around in there. However, I think given the age bracket and setting of the story it's in good taste. There's like 20k words in total, no ending, and I have no idea if I even want to continue this. This is just chapter 1. There's a lot more content, character development, and other assorted cringeworthy writing if anyone is interested in seeing this. I haven't posted this in a lotta places so eh.

Lilly Knight
  • Lilly Knight
  • O.W.L. Student
  • Student
  • 180 posts

Age Bracket: 19+

IGN: Feriun

Name: Jessica Ackerman (Ig name is Ethel Howden)

Link:  https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing

I wrote this a while ago when I was really obsessed with Anime which I think will be made apparent. It's basically a fanfiction so take that as you will. There's a few swears lingering around in there. However, I think given the age bracket and setting of the story it's in good taste. There's like 20k words in total, no ending, and I have no idea if I even want to continue this. This is just chapter 1. There's a lot more content, character development, and other assorted cringeworthy writing if anyone is interested in seeing this. I haven't posted this in a lotta places so eh.

Congratulations, you're submitted for entry! Good story, hope to see more.

Bob Titan
  • Bob Titan
  • Chief of the Wizards Council
  • 829 posts
  • IGN:Bob Titan

I can enter 14-18 tomorrow, it is a bad story I wrote last year when I was a LOT worse at writing. I wasn't going to enter but seeing as you need one I can.

*EDIT*
I have no clue how to use google docs, and my story is really bad as well so I am not going to enter

Katherine <3
  • Katherine <3
  • O.W.L. Student
  • Student
  • 145 posts

I can enter 14-18 tomorrow, it is a bad story I wrote last year when I was a LOT worse at writing. I wasn't going to enter but seeing as you need one I can.

*EDIT*
I have no clue how to use google docs, and my story is really bad as well so I am not going to enter

You can search "Google Docs" online. Its pretty simple to learn actually. I figured it out myself when i entered. Plus i think Lilly has a link in the first post to a tutorial on how to google docs but I'm not exactly sure if it works or not.

Percy Renshaw
  • Percy Renshaw
  • O.W.L. Student
  • Student
  • 182 posts
  • IGN:Percy Renshaw

The problem is that I *kinda* have forgotten my *ahem* google password

Percy Renshaw
  • Percy Renshaw
  • O.W.L. Student
  • Student
  • 182 posts

Ehm I searched it up on the net idk.
Anyway I haven't even thought of a story so I probably wouldn't enter anyway D:

Katherine <3
  • Katherine <3
  • O.W.L. Student
  • Student
  • 145 posts

Pls do the contest bc i wanna have a chance of winning xD don't make the contest be canceled

Lilly Knight
  • Lilly Knight
  • O.W.L. Student
  • Student
  • 180 posts

Pls do the contest bc i wanna have a chance of winning xD don't make the contest be canceled

We have two weeks and a few days. If nobody enters in that time (or only like, one or two people enter) the competition will be canceled. It makes me sad, due to the great work that has been submitted, but I can't force people to enter.

Just hope that more people decide to put their work forward.

Note: I'm hoping to get at least four entries in each group. That's twelve people right there. I don't know if there are twelve people who have something written/will write something.

Percy Renshaw
  • Percy Renshaw
  • O.W.L. Student
  • Student
  • 182 posts

I'm still trying to think of an idea this is gonna take AGES lol

Da_DrDude
  • Da_DrDude
  • O.W.L. Student
  • Student
  • 100 posts
  • IGN:John [_Quincy] Adams

@Lilly Knight

Age Bracket: 1 - 13

IGN: The_DrDude

RP Name: John Adams   (I dont give out my real name)

Story Link: https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing

Lilly Knight
  • Lilly Knight
  • O.W.L. Student
  • Student
  • 180 posts

@Lilly Knight

Age Bracket: 1 - 13

IGN: The_DrDude

RP Name: John Adams   (I dont give out my real name)

Story Link: https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing

I was asking for your roleplay name ._.

Btw we might not have the competition as we don't have any other people entering

I entered you in the competition. If you wanted you could change the font to Times New Romans to make it easier to read, but you don't have to. Good job.

Lilly Knight
  • Lilly Knight
  • O.W.L. Student
  • Student
  • 180 posts

==Sorry, Competiton has been canceled due to not enough entries and due to me not having enough money for winners! Apologies! I'm so sorry, all of your stories are so amazing! :( ==

Da_DrDude
  • Da_DrDude
  • O.W.L. Student
  • Student
  • 100 posts
  • IGN:John [_Quincy] Adams

Wait no!!!

Anyone in the competition who really wants the competition to continue, volunteer some galleons!

I can give some, but I am not on anytime soon to do so.  Maybe, Pandette can go into my inventory and take a few, like 10 or so.  @Pandette ?

Lilly Knight
  • Lilly Knight
  • O.W.L. Student
  • Student
  • 180 posts

Wait no!!!

Anyone in the competition who really wants the competition to continue, volunteer some galleons!

I can give some, but I am not on anytime soon to do so.  Maybe, Pandette can go into my inventory and take a few, like 10 or so.  @Pandette ?

it isnt just that, we have too few entires. Sorry. Maybe in the future I'll make this with more people so prizes are better

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Event

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users