1 votes

It's been really.. /really/ great. Thank you.

Started by Cora , Dec 06 2016 07:14 AM

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Cora
  • Cora
  • Chief of the Wizards Council
  • Student
  • 738 posts
  • IGN:Cora Prion // Corah

This… is going to be a long one. Here we go…

I've been complimenting this for a long, long time, but I've decided it's time to do it. This isn't a rant, nor a complaint. This is a thank you. A thank you to everyone on the server, everyone I have ever run into in the corridors, everyone I have ever bantered with, everyone I have ever taught, or played Quidditch with. Thank you for being the best community I have ever been a part of, the best I have ever worked with, that I have ever loved.

I honestly don't know where I would be now if I had never been introduced to Knockturn. I have no idea where my life would be headed. I have met some truly amazing people, and have made some amazing friends. Knockturn has not only been a hobby but a place I could retreat to and relax. However, in recent times my life has become much too stressful to continue being staff here. I remember, a month into my time as staff, thinking "I'll never resign! This is amazing." ...11 months and several hundred classes later, I have seen that Knockturn staff is no longer the place for me. I have made some unforgettable memories here, but it is my time to leave.

Spending so much time on the server (although you may not see me often) as well as balancing time with friends off the server is damaging my relationship with my family, most notably my mother. I can no longer dedicate hours and hours a week to teaching classes and warning people about using caps in global. I need to cut my ties and get some free time.

Although my school year is ending and I will have much more free time without having to worry about excluding my mother, I need to start focusing on my Goal Ball career. I may not be able to represent my country, but I want to show the Australian Youth Girl's coach that he was wrong to cast me aside after finding outI wasn't classifiable for international comp. As well as this, I'm getting back into Karate and need to dedicate more time to things that will benefit my health and well-being.

I will be back online every now and then over Christmas, but probably less and less as 2017 wears on. At this point in time, I cannot see myself reapplying for staff.

So... Thank you all for the opportunity to be a part of this community, and for the opportunity to connect with people online like I never had before. My time on the server has literally changed my life. Thank you.

TL:DR :: Cora's given up like a wimp. Thanks for the memories.

Ryan
  • Ryan
  • O.W.L. Student
  • Student
  • 151 posts
  • IGN:Ryan_Red

:<

I cri because you were my favourite admin.

Hope ya sort out your stuff and kick some booty with those Karate skillz.

Welcome to the club.

Bella Scarlet
  • Bella Scarlet
  • Court Scribe
  • Student
  • 1275 posts
  • IGN:bella

nuuu please dont go cora will miss you way yo much </3 my auzzy starwars companion

Griffinpuff12
  • Griffinpuff12
  • Special Advisor to the Wizengamot
  • Student
  • 3831 posts
  • IGN:Lyra Bennett

Good luck with everything, take care of yourself! ^_^

bellatrix_sinta
  • bellatrix_sinta
  • O.W.L. Student
  • Student
  • 119 posts
  • IGN:bellatrix_sinta

Good luck with life

StaceyChaø
  • StaceyChaø
  • Professor
  • 518 posts
  • IGN:Stacey Longbottom

-sobs- C-C-Cora my love ;-;

Take care wherever you go, good luck with life, and I hope this separation benefits you greatly. I'll miss you a lot though.

Lisa Flume
  • Lisa Flume
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • Administrators
  • 414 posts
  • IGN:Lisa Flume

You will definitely be miss <3 thank you for all of your amazing work and devotion to making the server a better place ;)

Bel!øna
  • Bel!øna
  • O.W.L. Student
  • 164 posts
  • IGN:Bellona [Narwhaldo] Spiritus

Aww, we'll miss you! Take care! <3

Bob Titan
  • Bob Titan
  • 829 posts
  • IGN:Bob Titan

We will miss you, Cora. Hopefully your irl life goes well as you want it to:D

Percy Renshaw
  • Percy Renshaw
  • O.W.L. Student
  • Student
  • 182 posts
  • IGN:Percy Renshaw

Good luck! ;)

_breezeblocks_
  • _breezeblocks_
  • Court Scribe
  • Student
  • 1231 posts
  • IGN:Tessa Malamius

i hate seeing these on the recent posts because i feel my heart drop

we'll miss you. 

Elsa Ollivander
  • Elsa Ollivander
  • Student
  • 672 posts
  • IGN:Elsa Ollivander

Bye, Cora D: You're really cool, so I'm going to miss you a lot ;_; Take care, and stay safe

TheStartreker
  • TheStartreker
  • Student
  • 771 posts
  • IGN:Star Thestral Holmes

i hate seeing these on the recent posts because i feel my heart drop

we'll miss you. 

Same ;-;

Coraaaaaah ;-; I think I can speak for everyone, you're amazing, and you'll be missed ;-; 

*PSSSSSSST YOU WERE LIKE, A SUPER COOL QUIDDITCH COACH. AND PROFFY. VERY COOL PORFFY*

Kat Kirkland
  • Kat Kirkland
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • 451 posts
  • IGN:Kat [KneeCapDeleter] Weasley

Bye Coraaa ;-; I will definitely miss you from Staff, It was great working with you through DaDA, Quidditch (kinda) and other staff things. Good luck with life and stuff, Take care!

Annnub
  • Annnub
  • Builder
  • 523 posts
  • IGN:App Ellis

I never thought the day would come...

Thank you Cora for making the server so amazing, you'll never be forgotten here. Trust me when I saw you were amazing and did your job so well. Thank you and good luck with Goal Ball! We believe in you! ^-^

MightyThor1198
  • MightyThor1198
  • Witch/Wizard
  • Builder
  • 98 posts
  • IGN:Alex Snow

As I have been seen commonly, the test of time is definitely one not easy to take and many don't complete it. But you did make it very far and the good memories are those most important. It was an honor working with you and I wish you luck with whatever path your life takes you on.

Katherine <3
  • Katherine <3
  • O.W.L. Student
  • Student
  • 145 posts
  • IGN:kathvocado

Awwe we will miss you! You really impacted the community. Honestly, even though I've only known you for like 4 months, i feel like I've known you forever. You were a great professor and I am sad to see you go. Anyways, good luck on everything you plan to do to improve your future!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users