• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Lilly Knight
  • Lilly Knight
  • O.W.L. Student
  • Student
  • 180 posts
  • IGN:Lilly Knight

Katherine, Jake, and I are all starting a newspaper called Katorium Weekly. Katherine gave me three newspapers and asked me to sell them, and then left.

I said in global once or twice to go to spawn to get a newspaper. I sold one to Ophelia King for 3 galleons. Katherine came on later, and I told her I sold one. I tried to drop the other two newspapers, and Tise Renshaw stole them. We don't really want people to read them without buying them, but that's just a minor thing.

We asked for them back, and he refused. We asked for them again, and he wouldn't. I casted Rictusempra on him *I admit that my actions were bad, but this was at 1 AM and I was kinda upset that he was stealing items* and he still wouldn't give it. By this time almost everyone on the server atm was in Towny spawn. We were all yelling at him to give the newspapers back and some were casting spells on him to try and make him give them. He eventually was killed *oops* and then came back, saying he went AFK.

I asked again for the newspapers back and he gave me one. I asked for the other one and he kept saying he did not have it. A person killed him once again and we kept asking for it back. The only person near me when I dropped it was Katherine and Tise. Katherine did not pick it up, and the only person who could was Tise.

Tise started complaining in Global that he was going to quit the server and we would all get banned for casting on him.

I admit that casting was rude and shouldn't have been done, but I was upset. We worked hard on those newspapers and don't want them to be stolen. I tried to be kind at first, but eventually I got so frustrated. While looking back, I shouldn't have been rude and so demanding, but I really wanted the newspapers back.

Tise also left the server and came back claiming he had been 'kicked' multiple times even though there was only a Helper on.

I hope that something can be done about this. We would just like to have our newspaper back.

Aquilonn
  • Aquilonn
  • Wizengamot
  • 5668 posts
  • IGN:Andrew Arima

Two wrongs do not make a right. While him stealing the newspaper was bad, you actually cast on him until he died, really? This happened at 1AM, are you telling me no Staff were online, even on Discord? I was awake then, had you put something into #help I would have been able to come on and at least do something to help if not outright resolve the situation. Instead, you chose the lower route, deciding to cast on him and technically harass him over a petty theft. I will let other Staff give input of course, but I believe both parties should be punished, as vigilantism is not the answer to situations like this. 

PinkiePurples
  • PinkiePurples
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • 472 posts
  • IGN:Pinkie Schoenheit

I agree with Andrew, there could have been staff around to help you, I may not have been online since I had stuff to do in the morning, and staying up until 1am is not good for me, but I bet there were other staff that live in PST time, or even in EST time that are still up that could have helped you. Casting on someone without permission is NEVER ok, and we won't care if you were tired, you chose the wrong action. I will talk with Tise about the newspaper, but please remember to not break the rules if someone else does, escpecially getting everyone to break them and harass someone over a simple newspaper. Both of you are to blame on this situation.

Lilly Knight
  • Lilly Knight
  • O.W.L. Student
  • Student
  • 180 posts
  • IGN:Lilly Knight

While him stealing the newspaper was bad, you actually cast on him until he died, really?

I did not cast anything at all except 1 Rictusempra. I never asked anybody else to cast either. I believe the person who killed him was a Hufflepuff with a really long and random name *like he just slammed on his keyboard*

I know that I shouldn't have casted on him in the first place, but I never casted anything at all after that.

Aquilonn
  • Aquilonn
  • Wizengamot
  • 5668 posts

I did not cast anything at all except 1 Rictusempra. I never asked anybody else to cast either. I believe the person who killed him was a Hufflepuff with a really long and random name *like he just slammed on his keyboard*

I know that I shouldn't have casted on him in the first place, but I never casted anything at all after that.

Casting anything at all is wrong, I don't care if it's Rictusempra or if it's Alarte Ascendare, it's still unacceptable, especially for a Sixth Year when the victim is what, a First Year? Regardless, I suggest from now on you refrain from casting anything out of anger, take the higher route and let Staff punish him, not your wand.

Aquilonn
  • Aquilonn
  • Wizengamot
  • 5668 posts

Okay, will do. Also, I'm 5th year, and my spells are very bad xD Pretty sure my best spell is Prosiliox ._.

I did this because I'm used to just casting a simple Rictusempra in the forest (before the new rule) if players are fighting or being rude. I sometimes do it elsewhere, and I also thought that casting in Towny was allowed. I'll stop casting on people from now on.

Was this in Main or Towny? If the latter, then stealing is not punishable at all unless it was by a bug, nor is casting for that matter, it's pretty much anything goes. :P

Crane
  • Crane
  • Chief of the Wizards Council
  • Administrators
  • 743 posts
  • IGN:Liam Blishwick

In towny stealing things is still not allowed. Neither is casting if done within spawn or a town. I believe Andrew was referring to the rules for mining world (or the wilderness in towny) where most goes except excessive killing of the same person.

Aquilonn
  • Aquilonn
  • Wizengamot
  • 5668 posts

In towny stealing things is still not allowed. Neither is casting if done within spawn or a town. I believe Andrew was referring to the rules for mining world (or the wilderness in towny) where most goes except excessive killing of the same person.

Yeah, I meant like outside of towns, I was confused where this all took place, she mentioned the Towny spawn at one point but it was kinda vague what took place where. As Liam said, if this took place in a town or at spawn, you both broke rules, if not, then no rules were broken at all. :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users