• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Vana
  • Vana
  • Squib
  • Student
  • 26 posts
  • IGN:Vana [Vanoodle] Mitchell

Okay...so I logged on after a long time, and my towny was somewhat in pieces, I looked around and most of the things are still there, but the town no longer exists; however the structures and things are still there, I'm not sure why this happened, if it was because I was gone for such a long period of time, or my town just felt like it. I just wanted to know and possibly get it back. 

PinkiePurples
  • PinkiePurples
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • 472 posts
  • IGN:Pinkie Schoenheit

This is a thing that occurs usually when people of a town aren't online for a while. I'm not typically sure how to get a town back, or if it can be brought back. But this is just my knowledge, maybe a higher staff knows how or if it can be done. But my best guess is no.

Lisa Flume
  • Lisa Flume
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • Administrators
  • 414 posts
  • IGN:Lisa Flume

Hey vana, from my knowledge with the Towny plugin this shouldn't happen simply due to inactivity...is it possible that the parts of your towny that have been destroyed were unsecured land not part of your town? Or is it possible a member of your own town griefed it and destroyed it? It could be the case that the structures still there are on safe secured plots where no one can build but the members added to it.

If you want, I don't mind taking a look at it and can try to figure out what happened or try to help you get it back to normal :)
Welcome back though!

Vana
  • Vana
  • Squib
  • Student
  • 26 posts

I dont know but when I got there it was slowly falling apart, and the town itself no longer exists. It's just in a mess so I'm not even sure if I should try and fix it. 

Bob Titan
  • Bob Titan
  • Chief of the Wizards Council
  • 829 posts
  • IGN:Bob Titan

Are you sure it is gone? Have you done /t (Town name)? Also /p (IGN) to see what towny people are in.

Vana
  • Vana
  • Squib
  • Student
  • 26 posts

I'll try and see next time I get a chance to go on, but I did /towny on the plot, since I still have a /home there, and nothing went through. 

Pandette
  • Pandette
  • Special Advisor to the Wizengamot
  • Administrators
  • 2648 posts
  • IGN:iarepandemonium

Okay...so I logged on after a long time, and my towny was somewhat in pieces, I looked around and most of the things are still there, but the town no longer exists; however the structures and things are still there, I'm not sure why this happened, if it was because I was gone for such a long period of time, or my town just felt like it. I just wanted to know and possibly get it back. 

Towns expire after a certain amount of time where everyone in the town is no longer online, this is to keep the towny world available for players without having too many old townies that no longer need to exist taking up space.  On that note RIP QUACK-A-KNEAZLE T_T You were a good town and I loved you very much.

Vana
  • Vana
  • Squib
  • Student
  • 26 posts

Okay thanks for clarifying

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users