• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Umbreon Yuuki
  • Umbreon Yuuki
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • Student
  • 254 posts
  • IGN:Umbreon River Yuuki - UmbreonQueen

I was just thinking that it might be easier to tell the person the exact reason for getting denied , rather than giving them a list of possible reasons. I think it makes it easier so the person knows what to work on b4 they apply again. I'm sure there's a reason behind your way of doing things , I just think this'd be a lot easier.

Lisa Flume
  • Lisa Flume
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • Administrators
  • 414 posts
  • IGN:Lisa Flume

Hey, your suggestion makes a lot of sense and would definitely help the player work on improving the areas they might need to be improving. We have a list of reasons why someone can be denied...I suppose if we work to take an extra minute and choose from that list, it might make a lot of a difference for that person.

Thanks for your suggestion :)

Cris
  • Cris
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • 320 posts
  • IGN:Cris Anna Malfoy

I think it proves they're more mature and fit for the role if they are able to figure out where they're worse/what they're missing or need to improve

VDD
  • VDD
  • Witch/Wizard
  • 65 posts
  • IGN:VDD

Honestly, I've struggled with this in the past. I feel like people should know, but as Cris pointed out, it shows maturity to figure out the reason yourself and correct it. If we just tell you, you may fake your personality in general.

Kaneki
  • Kaneki
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • Student
  • 381 posts
  • IGN:Kaneki Shimada

Honestly, I've struggled with this in the past. I feel like people should know, but as Cris pointed out, it shows maturity to figure out the reason yourself and correct it. If we just tell you, you may fake your personality in general.

Well over time, people would find out what kind of person you are, and then you could have your rank stripped... So, idk. This is very debatable. 

Viøletta
  • Viøletta
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • 307 posts
  • IGN:Violetta Arelle

You can just look over the list and check off what you think you have or need to improve on. This way when you think you're ready, you can apply again! 

Also, I believe you have suggested this already. ^-^

Bel!øna
  • Bel!øna
  • O.W.L. Student
  • 164 posts
  • IGN:Bellona [Narwhaldo] Spiritus

I do love this idea because it can help people that want to improve but as said, this could lead to people pretty much abusing it to make themselves seem like they've improved overnight (or within the 2 weeks in between applying time) when they really haven't . I do realize it can be frustrating sometimes when you can't figure out why you've been denied. It takes a big person to recognize and know what they need to work on, then actually work on it. These are the type of people we need. I do see your point though, it is valid, but there unfortunately always be the people who will take advantage of this. 

Pandette
  • Pandette
  • Special Advisor to the Wizengamot
  • Administrators
  • 2648 posts
  • IGN:iarepandemonium

I was just thinking that it might be easier to tell the person the exact reason for getting denied , rather than giving them a list of possible reasons. I think it makes it easier so the person knows what to work on b4 they apply again. I'm sure there's a reason behind your way of doing things , I just think this'd be a lot easier.

The reason we don't give an exact list is because even if something is glaringly an issue with a person, some people will argue til their face is blue about the reasoning behind it and say they arent like that.  Not everyone is open to knowing their faults and many people will use a list like that to argue with us saying that we are just being bias and making up reasons.  I have approached people who have seemed like they are trying to reform and discussed with them their faults when it is very obvious they are trying multiple times, a wonderful example is @pandabella who I had a long discussion with and she went out of her way to improve on everything and continues to make lots of progress to being the best kind of person she can be.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Website

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users