• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Luxow
  • Luxow
  • Squib
  • Student
  • 23 posts
  • IGN:Luxow Kaur

Hey, I was going through the donation store (I plan on buying some chat colors next week :)) and I noticed this server doesn't have any ranks :o anyways, I feel like having ranks would help pay off for the server and make it way more fun !

Viøletta
  • Viøletta
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • 307 posts
  • IGN:Violetta Arelle

What would you suggest for ranks? Because the server strictly does not want to be pay-to-win.

VDD
  • VDD
  • Witch/Wizard
  • 65 posts
  • IGN:VDD

Well, as we have obviously worked on, we would not be displaying the rank. As said multiple times, the viewable rank takes away from the role play aspect. Hence, it has been kept that only the name is viewable, and now you have to hover over to see details - you don't just see a label on someone in person, and so that would remove part of the chat role play. Anyways, maybe like a rank that gets multiple chat colours access for cheaper than individually, but not sure if you have any ideas for perks that don't add paytowin?

Bob Titan
  • Bob Titan
  • Chief of the Wizards Council
  • 829 posts
  • IGN:Bob Titan

What would you suggest for ranks? Because the server strictly does not want to be pay-to-win.

To add to this Minecraft servers are not even allowed to be pay to win.

Luxow
  • Luxow
  • Squib
  • Student
  • 23 posts

I didn't mean pay-to-win ranks just being able to buy ranks with different perks and stuff.

Percy Renshaw
  • Percy Renshaw
  • O.W.L. Student
  • Student
  • 182 posts
  • IGN:Percy Renshaw

So like, death eater for example? And that rank could do like darker spells, is that what you kinda mean Luxow?

Viøletta
  • Viøletta
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • 307 posts
  • IGN:Violetta Arelle

I think roleplay 'ranks' like that might be added eventually, but don't quote me on that. I think it might be a nice idea, to maybe help pay for the server a little more. If you have any more specific ideas, I'd love to hear them!

Luxow
  • Luxow
  • Squib
  • Student
  • 23 posts

So like, death eater for example? And that rank could do like darker spells, is that what you kinda mean Luxow?

I didn't think of that, but that's actually a very cool idea !

Pandette
  • Pandette
  • Special Advisor to the Wizengamot
  • Administrators
  • 2648 posts
  • IGN:iarepandemonium

Hey, I was going through the donation store (I plan on buying some chat colors next week :)) and I noticed this server doesn't have any ranks :o anyways, I feel like having ranks would help pay off for the server and make it way more fun !

We don't offer ranks because we are already not positive on the donation store.  Stuff we put in the donation store are smaller things that can customize stuff that are shared in general.  However, I am highly against having donation ranks because I don't want people to go about feeling like they get to be treated different than other people bc they bought stuff in the donation store.  I rather have to pay out of pocket then let people view themselves as above other people just because they have real money and others do not.  Its not that the donation store isn't highly useful for getting money for the server, its that I simply don't want to break the community of the server where everyone earn their societal 'rank' not buys it.

Da_DrDude
  • Da_DrDude
  • O.W.L. Student
  • Student
  • 100 posts
  • IGN:John [_Quincy] Adams

I think it is an interesting idea, but not in the way you are thinking.  I think it could be more like, you grow up and get the, "death eater", for example, after you graduate IF that's what you choose for your career

Percy Renshaw
  • Percy Renshaw
  • O.W.L. Student
  • Student
  • 182 posts
  • IGN:Percy Renshaw

Ooh yea! Or you could be like an aurora and people like put bounties on mobs and you can get the money if you kill it or something. Just a small idea.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Server

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users