Can't Join Server

Started by FlamingReen , Dec 27 2016 02:50 AM

Best Answer Kat Kirkland , 27 December 2016 - 05:01 AM

This an issue which was never fixed (but attempted). Please do not try to spam-join as that gets you tempbanned. Hopefully, it will be fixed tomorrow. Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

FlamingReen
  • FlamingReen
  • Squib
  • Student
  • 20 posts
  • IGN:FlamingReen

[Edit] I can now join.

[Second Edit] It seems to be happening to everyone because since I've been on, nobody has successfully joined. This is weird because there were already 6 people online.

[Third Edit] This was happening at the same time as me being on, but I logged off to see if I could join again and I noticed that it said 1 person was online (once I got back in game there were 6 including me). This may be completely unrelated and unimportant but this might be due to some glitch.

Hello My name is Flame Wells. I was just trying to join the server and it wouldn't let me connect. At the time, many others were online. I do not know if this was scheduled for a certain area or if it was a few people. If it was announced, then sorry for bothering you. :D 

gliderslave
  • gliderslave
  • Muggle
  • Student
  • 6 posts
  • IGN:gliderslave

I had the same issue and from what I could tell it on the help channel on discord it looked like Aiden was trying to relog and finding it impossible. So it's not just you. When it happened to me sometimes it said timed out, others it just said disconnected or something else, it was just different everytime.

Ella Spencer
  • Ella Spencer
  • Muggle
  • Student
  • 3 posts
  • IGN:JuniDaPotato

I  kinda had the same issue.  I  Would try to join and it would say, java.io.IOExpection:An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote hostSometimes it would say something similar to it. I would also see people online. I was able to join about an hour ago.... Does anyone know what is going on?

I am still getting the,java.io.IOExpection:An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host, but I am able to join other servers...     

I was also able to join this server Yesterday

Edited by Ella Spencer, 27 December 2016 - 09:22 PM.

gliderslave
  • gliderslave
  • Muggle
  • Student
  • 6 posts

You were able to join finally? Mine never did work, I can try again I guess but I won't get hopeful lol

Kat Kirkland
  • Kat Kirkland
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • 451 posts
  • IGN:Kat [KneeCapDeleter] Weasley

Best Answer

This an issue which was never fixed (but attempted). Please do not try to spam-join as that gets you tempbanned. Hopefully, it will be fixed tomorrow.

Trey
  • Trey
  • Muggle
  • Student
  • 9 posts
  • IGN:Trey Wilkins

Yeah I'm having the same issue. I got on well yesterday but today im having issues.

Crane
  • Crane
  • Chief of the Wizards Council
  • Administrators
  • 743 posts
  • IGN:Liam Blishwick

If one part (like main world) is down or getting updated it will only affect those who logged off while on the main world. That means towny, skyblock and mordonia can still have people connected while you guys struggle to connect.
As soon as they try switching it becomes a problem for them too :P
I suggest making a habit of switching to towny before logging off, it is under a lot less stress and generally is up when the main world crashes because someone spams a spell that is bugged and crashes main.

Crane
  • Crane
  • Chief of the Wizards Council
  • Administrators
  • 743 posts
  • IGN:Liam Blishwick

We are of cause aware of the bugs and issues and Pande is doing a lot to fix it but it is holidays and family time so please be a little patient :)

Ella Spencer
  • Ella Spencer
  • Muggle
  • Student
  • 3 posts

Hm....Ok...

Pandette
  • Pandette
  • Special Advisor to the Wizengamot
  • Administrators
  • 2648 posts
  • IGN:iarepandemonium

I am trying to fix it but there does not seem to be a root cause.  I have been looking into it but its very odd and I can't reproduce it myself therefore I don't know what caused it.  According to internet it would be a plugin but I don't know what most people here have in common that would get them to not be able to join

gliderslave
  • gliderslave
  • Muggle
  • Student
  • 6 posts

Oh yeah I wasn't trying to rush anyone of course I understand family time. By the way when I tried it last night it did work again for a little while but then it stopped, anyways I guess I'll be off for a few days.

Da_DrDude
  • Da_DrDude
  • O.W.L. Student
  • Student
  • 100 posts
  • IGN:John [_Quincy] Adams

Yeah, its happening to me too, and I m trying not to join multiple times, as i dont want to get tempbanned.  Good luck with it though!  I would probably be banging my head against a wall if I owned a server and i was trying to fix this...

Jake Evans
  • Jake Evans
  • Witch/Wizard
  • Student
  • 78 posts
  • IGN:Jake Evans

I have noticed now it is much much more common right now I am on ICR and my chat is full of People trying to join then leaving.

Ella Spencer
  • Ella Spencer
  • Muggle
  • Student
  • 3 posts

I still can't join...

Trey
  • Trey
  • Muggle
  • Student
  • 9 posts