3 replies to this topic

Pandette
  • Pandette
  • Special Advisor to the Wizengamot
  • Administrators
  • 2648 posts
  • IGN:iarepandemonium

Hey guys,

I just want to bring up this topic because I have noticed it going around lately.  It's a very delicate subject, so I ask no one make jokes about it.

Some people have recently been sharing that they are feeling suicidal or that they are going to kill themselves.  Often times, these people tell others, and then intentionally string them along for hours while the person desperately seeks to attempt to get them aid or to beg them not to.

This is not okay.

If you are ACTUALLY considering suicide, we strongly urge you to speak with your parents, or speak with someone who can get you help, since even what seems like the most impossible situation will most likely be fixed or forgotten in time, aside for cases of terminal illness or death.  Things can get better, and there is always hope.

However, some users have been using suicide as a way to get attention from people, often stressing them out, wrecking havoc on their life outside of Knockturn, and making them miserable in an attempt to get suicide.  These people might or might not be honest in their suicidal tendencies, however, many of them are not and simply trying to have people pay attention to them.  This is NOT OKAY and if we see someone doing this to someone, threatening it and keeping an on going discussion, we may step in if it seems to be causing harm to another user.

ESPECIALLY if the other user can do nothing and it is very apparent that the person is just using them for attention.  We ask anyone who does know that someone is considering it to report it to the local authories or the person's parents if you can, but we want ALL users safe, and that means if you are manipulating someone for attention and hurting them mentally by convincing them you are committing suicide, we are not okay with this.

While we have only seen this happen with a couple cases, we ask you to make sure everyone is safe.  This type of behavior is not okay, and Knockturn wants all users to be safe.  If you are have questions about suicide and are upset, and don't know who to talk to, any of the owners would talk to you about it, and tell you who you can talk to if you don't have parents to talk to, or help you find the help you need. If you message me about it, I will certainly not turn you away, but the fact is, we have young people on this server, and this kind of manipulation is not okay.

Pandette.

Elsa Ollivander
  • Elsa Ollivander
  • Chief of the Wizards Council
  • Student
  • 672 posts
  • IGN:Elsa Ollivander

Early in the year, I had one friend from the server threaten to commit suicide, and honestly speaking, that wrecked me, and this week I was told my friend from the server was contemplating suicide, which also mentally wrecked me. Glad to see that this is being addressed.

VDD
  • VDD
  • Witch/Wizard
  • 65 posts
  • IGN:VDD

Have to be with you on this one, though I disagree in other cases. Suicide is not okay, but to be fair, people across the world aren't the best idea for help in this matter. Of course, some really close friends may share it, but in multiple cases, it's harmful to the minds of the younger side of our community especially, and the elder people as well.

Pandette
  • Pandette
  • Special Advisor to the Wizengamot
  • Administrators
  • 2648 posts
  • IGN:iarepandemonium

Have to be with you on this one, though I disagree in other cases. Suicide is not okay, but to be fair, people across the world aren't the best idea for help in this matter. Of course, some really close friends may share it, but in multiple cases, it's harmful to the minds of the younger side of our community especially, and the elder people as well.

This is only for the cases where they are explicitly manipulating the people and trying to do it for attention and its having a negative effect on the person.  I have seen it a couple times and many people feel responsible for this, and it's extremely important that these people know they are NOT responsible for other people's actions.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Alert

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users