Chinese New Year Ball! (Knockturn's 3rd Birthday)

Started by PinkiePurples , Jan 22 2017 04:06 AM

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

PinkiePurples
  • PinkiePurples
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • 472 posts
  • IGN:Pinkie Schoenheit

Mighty can’t post in the event so I’m copy pasting what he wrote. Here you go.
Hello, people of knockturn!
On the 28th of January, Knockturn will be holding a Chinese New Year Ball! Chinese New Year is a celebration of the new year following the lunar calendar. This year is the year of the Rooster! The reason we have animals for every year is actually from old Chinese mythology, where different creatures were racing to the jade king to be on his calendar. The animals to get there(in order of first to last) were Rat, Ox, Tiger, Rabbit, Dragon, Snake, Horse, Sheep, Monkey, Rooster, Dog, and Pig.

Events!

The first event will be the make your own spell competition. To enter, post the spells name, tier, and effect/action below. The winner will receive 25 galleons and will be decided through votes(the other prize being your spell is in game).

The second event will be the skin competition. Make a Chinese New Year themed skin; whether you decide to be one of the animals, the jade king, Chang’e (moon goddess), or just wear a kimono, you can take place in this(just make sure you are wearing Chinese new year themed skin). There will be two categories, Mythic and Traditional. Mythic consists of the creatures or jade king, Traditional consists of traditional Chinese new year clothing. To enter, put your IGN, Rp name, and category into it’s designated hopper. The winner of each category will receive 45 galleons and will be decided through votes.

The third event will be the banner competition. Use colors to create of all sorts to create banners to celebrate the new year! Pictures of roosters, fireworks, the moon, whatever! To enter, put your banner in the hopper labeled with your ign. The winner will receive 30 galleons and the winning banner will be given to all participants. The winner will be decided by the event host.
Note that if you either use black in your banner or use black in you skin(other than for hair), it will be disqualified. This is because black is a symbol of death, something that the Chinese try largely to avoid on this holiday as well as using it anywhere on or with anything.

The ball will have events at the following times (EST) (PM):
7:00 - The ball will start.
7:45 - The spells will be performed.
7:55 - The skins will be shown.
8:00 - The winning banner will be announced and shared.
8:15 - The winning spell will be announced.
8:25 - The winning skins will be announced.
9:00 - The ball will end.
Unknown timing - Pande’s Gift

If you want to sponsor this or want a stand for your shop to sell at, below and after checking that the business is legitimate, you will be allowed a sign shop there.
I hope to see you all there on the 28th! Can’t wait to have a wonderful time!

StaceyChaø
  • StaceyChaø
  • Chief of the Wizards Council
  • Professor
  • 518 posts
  • IGN:Stacey Longbottom

/helpop Is there a way to dance with myself? It's my OTP (Stacey x Stacey)

Bel!øna
  • Bel!øna
  • O.W.L. Student
  • 164 posts
  • IGN:Bellona [Narwhaldo] Spiritus

Yayy Chinese New Year!! *quiet sobbing that she'll be out of town for this*

Gung Hay Fat Choy is what I've always said growing up where I was from, meaning Wishing You Prosperity! I love that you're having this event since I'm from Beijing originally!

Happy New Year aND EAT LOTS OF RAMEN NOOOODLES FOR A LONG LIFE *slurps noodles*

Katherine <3
  • Katherine <3
  • O.W.L. Student
  • Student
  • 145 posts
  • IGN:kathvocado

Laternus

Tier 3

Turns the block aimed at into Glowstone, creating a lantern affect. There is not much backfire chance and the backfire is blindness for 5 seconds. The block remains as flowstone for 10 seconds when first cast, increasing by 2 seconds every 100 times cast.

(Lantern affect because Chinese New Year has lanterns)

Kagome-plays-MC
  • Kagome-plays-MC
  • Witch/Wizard
  • Student
  • 46 posts
  • IGN:Kagome Bell

Is that 7:00 pm or 7:00 am?

Percy Renshaw
  • Percy Renshaw
  • O.W.L. Student
  • Student
  • 182 posts
  • IGN:Percy Renshaw

I was wondering th wasn't thing

Cora
  • Cora
  • Student
  • 738 posts
  • IGN:Cora Prion // Corah

Sounds great, although it's a shame I can't attend.

/helpop Is there a way to dance with myself? It's my OTP (Stacey x Stacey)

"How dare you go to a dance with your own husband?"

Cris
  • Cris
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • 320 posts
  • IGN:Cris Anna Malfoy

*cries smol river* y su late XD

StaceyChaø
  • StaceyChaø
  • Professor
  • 518 posts
  • IGN:Stacey Longbottom

Sounds great, although it's a shame I can't attend.

"How dare you go to a dance with your own husband?"

SHHHHH

JHPael
  • JHPael
  • Muggle
  • Student
  • 7 posts
  • IGN:JHPael

The spell name is "Carmina Maximus"

Tier 1

It shoots 12 different colored fireworks into the sky in a circular motion witch is ended by a massive multi-colored firework in the middle that creates a loud bang..

MightyThor1198
  • MightyThor1198
  • Witch/Wizard
  • Builder
  • 98 posts
  • IGN:Alex Snow

It will occur at P.M. not A.M. Who even hosts a dance in the morning? XD

AlmerianMC
  • AlmerianMC
  • Squib
  • Professor
  • 21 posts
  • IGN:Almerian Shafiq

Arania Tardis

Tier 4

Summons a semicircle of spiderwebs one block high and four blocks in diameter in the direction the caster is facing, slowing down escaping (or approaching) opponents.

(A great way to win a race, no?)

Maximilian Arelle
  • Maximilian Arelle
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • Administrators
  • 311 posts
  • IGN:Maximilian Arelle

Spell suggestion: Arborium

Tier: 11

Effect: It turns the target into a tree. Why? Well, just cause. We have a few human to animal transfig. spells, why not human to "object" (a tree is not really an object but ok) like Prof. Slughorn did to hide from the Deatheaters.

Kat Kirkland
  • Kat Kirkland
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • 451 posts
  • IGN:Kat [KneeCapDeleter] Weasley

*Spell Suggestion:
Circulus Levitatis
*Tier:
*Effect:
It spins the victim and makes them float into the air. The more expirenced the caster is, the higher the victim goes. (Maximum of 25-30 blocks preferably. Wouldn't wanna kill someone, but that's just my opinion on it.)

MightyThor1198
  • MightyThor1198
  • Witch/Wizard
  • Builder
  • 98 posts

Omg! I just found out THE Pandetta Bell will be going! She is our V.I.P. for the event! *Such excite*

Percy Renshaw
  • Percy Renshaw
  • O.W.L. Student
  • Student
  • 182 posts

I cannot attend the actual event, but can I still submit a spell?

MightyThor1198
  • MightyThor1198
  • Witch/Wizard
  • Builder
  • 98 posts

I mean, If you want to. I'll send you the galleons if you win through owl mail.

Percy Renshaw
  • Percy Renshaw
  • O.W.L. Student
  • Student
  • 182 posts

Spell suggestion: Dragono tranformus

Tier: 12

Effect: Turns the caster to a dragon for a certain amount of time. The amount of time depends on how many times the caster has casted it. During the time of the caster being a dragon, they can:

1) Breath fire

2) Appear as a dragon

3) Hover in the air as a dragon.

The last and first one only work after LOTS of spamming. So you could focus on different skills for the spell :D

JHPael
  • JHPael
  • Muggle
  • Student
  • 7 posts
  • IGN:JHPael

Sadly for me I believe it is 2 am at that time so sadly I cannot attend.. :( Anyways, in case I win, I would still take the prize..

Draco
  • Draco
  • 605 posts

Spell suggestion: Dragono tranformus

Tier: 15

Effect: Turns the caster to a dragon for a certain amount of time. The amount of time depends on how many times the caster has casted it. During the time of the caster being a dragon, they can:

1) Breath fire

2) Appear as a dragon

3) Hover in the air as a dragon.

The last and first one only work after LOTS of spamming. So you could focus on different skills for the spell :D

Considering the highest tier is Bella with tier 12, perhaps a lower tier??

The spell name is "Carmina Maximus"

Tier 1

It shoots 12 different colored fireworks into the sky in a circular motion witch is ended by a massive multi-colored firework in the middle that creates a loud bang..

Surely 12 fireworks would cause mass lag, again this is only my opinion but I don't see that being made?

Laternus

Tier 3

Turns the block aimed at into Glowstone, creating a lantern affect. There is not much backfire chance and the backfire is blindness for 5 seconds. The block remains as flowstone for 10 seconds when first cast, increasing by 2 seconds every 100 times cast.

(Lantern affect because Chinese New Year has lanterns)

Basically tier 3 Lumos Maxima, can't see it happening, but who knows the devs are amazing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users