• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Maximilian Arelle
  • Maximilian Arelle
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • Administrators
  • 311 posts
  • IGN:Maximilian Arelle

So I just thought about ways to make History of Magic more related to server activities and I got the isea, that it might be cool, when students could find amulets n stuff with special buffs, like it is described in certain lessons (Egypt/Babylon), in the classes you could also teach how to use them ect. According to this I got the idea: Nifflers, why not Nifflers.

I don't know if there is a mob or anything, that could be used for this, but anyway. The idea is, that Nifflers could be offered as pets or in a part of Hogwarts for CoMC, and can be used to dig and search at some spots and find random stuff like as if you fish with a fishing rod, for example you could find knuts or sickles, Bertie Botts, Cauldron cake, hair of certain ppl (potions/ polyjuice) or seeds, and even amulets or whatever could be implemented to make HoM a bit more practicable on the server.

I'm no dev and have no clue, what is possible in Minecraft rn. But if it is possible or if you like the idea, I'd like to have feedback below :)

Crystal Silver
  • Crystal Silver
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • Student
  • 335 posts
  • IGN:Commander [CommanderJaws] Cattermole

I like the idea, and I know for a fact it is possible... but it's not my call. 

Pandette
  • Pandette
  • Special Advisor to the Wizengamot
  • Administrators
  • 2648 posts
  • IGN:iarepandemonium

So I just thought about ways to make History of Magic more related to server activities and I got the isea, that it might be cool, when students could find amulets n stuff with special buffs, like it is described in certain lessons (Egypt/Babylon), in the classes you could also teach how to use them ect. According to this I got the idea: Nifflers, why not Nifflers.

I don't know if there is a mob or anything, that could be used for this, but anyway. The idea is, that Nifflers could be offered as pets or in a part of Hogwarts for CoMC, and can be used to dig and search at some spots and find random stuff like as if you fish with a fishing rod, for example you could find knuts or sickles, Bertie Botts, Cauldron cake, hair of certain ppl (potions/ polyjuice) or seeds, and even amulets or whatever could be implemented to make HoM a bit more practicable on the server.

I'm no dev and have no clue, what is possible in Minecraft rn. But if it is possible or if you like the idea, I'd like to have feedback below :)

sounds fun

HaliaBoo
  • HaliaBoo
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • 292 posts
  • IGN:Halia Barnes/Savage/Malfoy (LittleBooCreeps)

omg Yes please, this would be awesome :D

Bel!øna
  • Bel!øna
  • O.W.L. Student
  • 164 posts
  • IGN:Bellona [Narwhaldo] Spiritus

omgerd yES please 

Draco
  • Draco
  • Chief of the Wizards Council
  • 605 posts

Perhaps use a mob like a Polar Bear or Squid (Ink Sacs) for amulets, with random drop rates. With each having different abilities. I don't know though, I just think it would add to the economy and also to the server.

Ophelia Clairmont
  • Ophelia Clairmont
  • O.W.L. Student
  • Student
  • 168 posts
  • IGN:Ophelia Clairmont

This sounds soooo cool! It definitely sounds like a fabulous way to practice HoM in a way, especially for those HoM nerds out there! :D

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Server

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users