12 replies to this topic

AmyBrown
  • AmyBrown
  • Witch/Wizard
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts
  • IGN:Cool_Nick_Name

It is possible to make a banner on your head look like a cape, by using a resource pack. It would be a nice because right now anyone can do /hat, and so anyone can have a cape, or you can disable that so only staff can have a cape. There are a few bad things about  this: The banners are upside dow, however if you just craft the banner upside down, it is ok again. And the other thing is it doesn't render like a cape, it is stuck to your head. So if you turn your head, the banner wil move along. But it is awesome. If you want to add it I can PM you the download link, so you can add it :D

Nomsy
  • Nomsy
  • Developer
  • Administrators
  • 242 posts
  • IGN:Nomsy Savage

It's not a real cape, it probably won't be implemented because we'd have to redo the texture pack, and since you'd be wearing that as a cape you won't be able to wear a helmet as well. It most likely will never happen.

AmyBrown
  • AmyBrown
  • Witch/Wizard
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

How do I remove quotes?

You dont have to redo it, you have to add 1 JSON file, and the pack needs a 1.8 update anyway. And the helmet stuff wont be a problem, as I some people already wear banners on there head, and I'd rather have a (fake) cape, than a helmet. And I dont mind adding it.

Nomsy
  • Nomsy
  • Developer
  • Administrators
  • 242 posts

See my edit.

AmyBrown
  • AmyBrown
  • Witch/Wizard
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

See my edit.

See mine  :P

Nomsy
  • Nomsy
  • Developer
  • Administrators
  • 242 posts

You dont have to redo it, you have to add 1 JSON file, and the pack needs a 1.8 update anyway. And the helmet stuff wont be a problem, as I some people already wear banners on there head, and I'd rather have a (fake) cape, than a helmet.

Yes, but only SOME people do it. Some people prefer helms. I do not think capes will happen, sorry. If you wish to have capes, you can use your own resource pack on load.

AmyBrown
  • AmyBrown
  • Witch/Wizard
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Yes, but only SOME people do it. Some people prefer helms. I do not think capes will happen, sorry. If you wish to have capes, you can use your own resource pack on load.

But I dont get why you wouldn't do it. People who rather wear helmets, can still wear helmets. Nobuddy cant get what he wants if you use this. (Unless you want a banner that points out of your head, but thats just stupid)

Crystal Bell
  • Crystal Bell
  • Plugin Developer
  • Crystal Mare
  • 258 posts
  • IGN:Crystal Bell

Seeing how this is just a 'glitched' way to make capes happen. I don't think we'll implement this.

Seeing how our priority right now is adding content, we do not want to do this at this time.

AmyBrown
  • AmyBrown
  • Witch/Wizard
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Seeing how this is just a 'glitched' way to make capes happen. I don't think we'll implement this.

Seeing how our priority right now is adding content, we do not want to do this at this time.

Its not glitched, It is just like a plugin, but for a resource pack.

AmyBrown
  • AmyBrown
  • Witch/Wizard
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

:o How can such a wonderfull idea be denied?!

TechDweebGaming
  • TechDweebGaming
  • Squib
  • Student
  • 24 posts
  • IGN:Jakob Shaw

1. They said no with good reasons

That's much more important than capes.

Nomsy
  • Nomsy
  • Developer
  • Administrators
  • 242 posts

Reasons:

•  1. It's a fake (glitched) banner, and that's not okay.
  •  2. Not every player is okay with losing the helm option in favor of capes.
  •  3. We have a much higher priority at the moment in upgrading the server.
  •  4. We have stated these in our posts so do not say we didn't post any valid reasons. Our reasons may seem invalid to you but to us they make sense.

Sorry for being so blunt, but it had to be said.

AmyBrown
  • AmyBrown
  • Witch/Wizard
  • Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Nah, it's ok. I understand :D

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: denied

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users