1 votes
accepted

New Herbology items/plants for a more complex curriculum.

Started by Shadow , Jul 17 2015 01:13 AM

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Shadow
  • Shadow
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • Student
  • 282 posts
  • IGN:Shadow Blishen

Well, my first post got bugged and didn't post, so this post is a lot less detailed and more to-the-point. Hai I'm Shadow and I think some plants, items, and certain spells could be added in Herbology as an attempt to increase the complexity of the curriculum. It would be a great idea to have some learning lessons mixed in with some hands-on activities.

1st Year Plants: 

Spiky Bush (retextured Cactus in a pot): Don't get too close or it will hurt you. Can only be destroyed by the fire-making Charm (Incendio).

Asphodel/Wormwood/Aconite (White flower,Fern,Blue flower): All flowers that are very useful in potion making.

Mandrakes (Orange Tulips in pots with a re-texture): Must wear Earmuffs (Light blue leather helmet) when picking up Mandrakes, or else you will hear ghast screeching and maybe blindness and nausea too. Right click to pick up, right click to place back in pots. Using Shears while it is in your inventory gives 2-4 Mandrake Roots (Vines). If you Shear Mandrakes, then they will disappear. Breaking pots with Mandrakes in them will cause them to vanish. The roots are used in advanced potion making.

Devil's Snare: Pulls players in. If you try to run away, you will become more trapped and the plant will start to slowly spread towards nearby players. This can be easily stopped though. Get everyone to stand still for around 8-10 seconds, and the plant will wither/shrink, before getting so small it diminishes into a puff of smoke. 

Incendio

2nd Year Plants and Spells:

Bowtruckles (re-textured Silverfish): Look like oak trees. Have a chance to spawn when a player cuts down an Oak tree. Will attack the player with poisonous attacks to represent the bleeding it causes in Harry Potter. Can be defeated using Fire-Based spells.

Leaping Toadstools (Red Mushrooms): Hopping Mushrooms that are difficult to catch when set free. This could be a fun class when players compete for extra points to see who can catch more.

Incendio Duo

3rd Year:

Puffapods: A magical plant that is very fragile with shining beans inside. Coming in contact with a solid object causes it to burst into flowers. How I thought this would work is you would have to perform some spell successfully like, 4 times in 2 minutes in order to "keep it alive". If you don't, your plant will fall on the ground, and if you perform it correctly, you get the magic beans inside? Not sure what the beans could be used for yet.

Incendio Tria 

4th Year:

Herbivicus

Orcideous Jinx

Gillyweed (really rare or only can be found in classes) 

That's it for right now! Please tell me what you think, and also if you would like to see more Herbology ideas, or maybe ideas for other classes. 

Griffinpuff12
  • Griffinpuff12
  • Special Advisor to the Wizengamot
  • Student
  • 3831 posts
  • IGN:Lyra Bennett

Great ideas! :)

Potterhead103
  • Potterhead103
  • Witch/Wizard
  • Student
  • 87 posts
  • IGN:Savannah Miller

Awesome idea, Shadow!

Shey
  • Shey
  • Squib
  • Student
  • 21 posts
  • IGN:Shey Reynolds

I love the ideas!!

Bob Titan
  • Bob Titan
  • Chief of the Wizards Council
  • 829 posts
  • IGN:Bob Titan

How do you come up with the names?

Shadow
  • Shadow
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • Student
  • 282 posts

How do you come up with the names?

They are plants from the Harry Potter series. I just kind of made them into something that is more minecraft-suitable

Bob Titan
  • Bob Titan
  • 829 posts

But the spells is impossible

Shadow
  • Shadow
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • Student
  • 282 posts

But the spells is impossible

What do you mean? I know those spells can be made, and some might be in progress already. :)

Bob Titan
  • Bob Titan
  • 829 posts

No no the names. How do you come up with them

Shadow
  • Shadow
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • Student
  • 282 posts

No no the names. How do you come up with them

I already told you... ;-; They are plants and spells from the Harry Potter movies.

Jack Kennedy
  • Jack Kennedy
  • Witch/Wizard
  • Student
  • 85 posts
  • IGN:Jack Kennedy (AKA gbuggie)

I would add that gillyweed is really rare, and won't be found in normal classrooms. Other than that, it's great!

Jack Kennedy
  • Jack Kennedy
  • Witch/Wizard
  • Student
  • 85 posts

Also, what is the Devils Snare going to be added as?

Shadow
  • Shadow
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • Student
  • 282 posts

Also, what is the Devils Snare going to be added as?

Wasn't really sure on that one. Maybe like a double-tall flower or large fern. Double grass.

Jack Kennedy
  • Jack Kennedy
  • Witch/Wizard
  • Student
  • 85 posts

@Shadow

Well in the mining world there would be Devils snare everywhere!

CMWedding
  • CMWedding
  • Court Scribe
  • Student
  • 1387 posts
  • IGN:Cassandra Dixon

Bowtruckles are technically first year DADA's, but I'm up for releasing Bowtruckles on the students!

Psychodynamic
  • Psychodynamic
  • Witch/Wizard
  • Student
  • 94 posts
  • IGN:Josh Anderson

Bowtruckles are technically first year DADA's, but I'm up for releasing Bowtruckles on the students!

They'll just charge towards the nearest tree that can be used for wand wood so no chance at that

Shadow
  • Shadow
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • Student
  • 282 posts

@Shadow

Well in the mining world there would be Devils snare everywhere!

Well they could make it something else. I honestly don't know :P Maybe have Devil's Snare only work in the Wizarding world?

Oh. That's not very nice now is it?

Lily
  • Lily
  • Student
  • 526 posts
  • IGN:Lily Arlington

Y must u say that?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: accepted

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users