4 replies to this topic

Felix Armstrong
  • Felix Armstrong
  • Squib
  • Student
  • 12 posts
  • IGN:Felix Armstrong

Alright so first off, please be easy on me  ^_^ 

Alright so I suggest we add different wand textures for players, perhaps chosen at random, determined by what wood the wand is, or possibly the core? Naturally, there would be different textures and models for the wands. 

Alright, here is a list of the Pros and Cons of the idea:

Pros

• Adds Variety to Wands and the Feeling of the Server
  • No Lag
  • No Need for Silly Plugins
  • Gives players another topic to discuss

Cons

• Will take time and effort
  • Not a major addition to the server

Another cool thing to incluse is that players could spend galleons to change the look of their wand to their preferences. However the issue with this is that if designs are sold, is that a plugin will be needed. Well thats my idea! 

Katna Malamius
  • Katna Malamius
  • Chief of the Wizards Council
  • Professor
  • 789 posts
  • IGN:Katna Malamius - Poisin_Kat

I myself have thought of this before, but it would be cool. But, what I`m wondering, there are SEVERAL wood types and cores, meaning that there would have to be SEVERAL items re-done. There is a need for items to re-do the texture on, and that amount is small, because we can`t retexture a building block / decoration block. Plus, though this would be easier, the plugin would have to be applied to these several new items.

But it MAY work, I don`t know.

Pandette
  • Pandette
  • Special Advisor to the Wizengamot
  • Administrators
  • 2648 posts
  • IGN:iarepandemonium

The main issue with this is any old wand would have to be switched over to the new textures which could potentionally be a problem.

Crystal Bell
  • Crystal Bell
  • Plugin Developer
  • Crystal Mare
  • 258 posts
  • IGN:Crystal Bell

@Felix Armstrong with alternate textures, do you mean like a blaze rod and things like that ?

The main issue with this is any old wand would have to be switched over to the new textures which could potentionally be a problem.

Not if you add a work-around in the code for that.

I've done the same in KnockturnPotions. Texture or name no longer define the item. But the description does.

Pandette
  • Pandette
  • Special Advisor to the Wizengamot
  • Administrators
  • 2648 posts
  • IGN:iarepandemonium

@Felix Armstrong with alternate textures, do you mean like a blaze rod and things like that ?

Not if you add a work-around in the code for that.

I've done the same in KnockturnPotions. Texture or name no longer define the item. But the description does.

yea i already added this change too since.  they only are based on description now.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Server

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users