• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

Kitty
  • Kitty
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • Student
  • 309 posts
  • IGN:Kitteh [Kitteh01] Starling

Hi, Sorry if any of these ideas have been said already. Don't have enough time to read all the previous suggestions. Here are my few ideas on how you could make the server slightly better.

1. The Hedge maze from The Goblet of Fire- This could be a way to get galleons and/or xp and have flubberworms or other mobs in there (Possibly ones that do damage to you)  Maybe you would have to be year 2-3+ to enter? And at the end/middle or where ever, there would be a sign that gives you money, xp or even some special trophy-like item. 

2. Now, this one I know has already said. But it's just like the most amazing idea ever. Quests, I know these could distract from class but hear me out. 

-Could be part of class, for example: If there was going to be a potions class later on that day that required ingredients, you could go on the quest to collect them from various locations throughout the castle. Saving money and helping players learn their way around the castle better.

-Could unlock certain rooms in the castle or around London. You could do a quest where you have to find a number of things in the castle, when you have found all of them you could unlock a special room or shortcut somewhere.

3. Minigames, I know you are already working on some minigames from the server, but here are some ideas for them 

-Parkour

-Mob arena, where you have to see how long you last in the mob arena

-Dueling system, I know there is already dueling areas throughout the castle. But they don't get used enough in my opinion. There could be rewards for winning duels?

4. Characters found around the Castle, you could find well known students around the castle who help you find your way. Like if you were looking for Hagrid's hut, you could click on 'Hagrid' and he would tell you where it was. (This is probably the least helpful idea but someone might see where I'm coming from and make it better :D)

Thanks for reading, Hope these ideas helped. <3

-Kitty x

Nomsy
  • Nomsy
  • Developer
  • Administrators
  • 242 posts
  • IGN:Nomsy Savage

1. Maybe

2. No, seriously. Does anyone look at our lists in the Todo forums? XD Of course questing is in the future!

3. - Yeah.. there is a parkour thing in the library.

- Maybe?

- Dueling is a thing that's going to be worked on in the future more so than the others at the moment. It all comes down to time

4. No comment.

_breezeblocks_
  • _breezeblocks_
  • Court Scribe
  • Student
  • 1231 posts
  • IGN:Tessa Malamius

I like them. I suppose. As Nomsy said, questing will be in the future. But, yeah, seems like cool ideas. 

Psychodynamic
  • Psychodynamic
  • Witch/Wizard
  • Student
  • 94 posts
  • IGN:Josh Anderson

I like the first idea, I have no comments for the other 3 as of this moment though.

Lily
  • Lily
  • Chief of the Wizards Council
  • Student
  • 526 posts
  • IGN:Lily Arlington

It would be cool if you COULD find like the canon HP characters like George or Ron or Hermione, or *cough* Voldemort *cough*

Pandette
  • Pandette
  • Special Advisor to the Wizengamot
  • Administrators
  • 2648 posts
  • IGN:iarepandemonium

#4 mcmonkey was working on this and never finished it.

Aquilonn
  • Aquilonn
  • Wizengamot
  • 5668 posts
  • IGN:Andrew Arima

Here's my personal opinion:

1. This is an interesting concept, I would like to see it done at some point, but I would much rather new spells being a higher priority, maybe that's just me though.

2. I very much like the idea of questing, but as aforementioned, it is already being worked on.

3. More miningames and such would be fun

-Towns could always build a little parkour course over a few plots with a little time and effort

-MobArena would be fun, but how would it work with Spellbook I wonder?

-Dueling could use some work, but as aforementioned this work is in progress already

4.This would be cool, I don't know if you've seen Professor Snape on your walk up, he's in the boating house, can't miss him really. ;)

Kitty
  • Kitty
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • Student
  • 309 posts

@whiteNnerdy234 I haven't see him actually o: I'll go look for him later :3

Fancepants
  • Fancepants
  • Administrators
  • 843 posts
  • IGN:Fance Garland

I like the maze idea most of all. We could have the bushes change much like the stair cases. Unsure if this would make it extremely laggy though

Kitty
  • Kitty
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • Student
  • 309 posts

@Fancepants Yess :D Hopefully it wouldn't lag too much. there could possibly be another world for minigames and such? :3

Lily
  • Lily
  • Student
  • 526 posts
  • IGN:Lily Arlington

@Fancepants @KittyPlaysMsp Yeah! I would love the maze! It would also be cool if there was the portkey with the whole graveyard thing like in the 4th book/film 

Aquilonn
  • Aquilonn
  • Wizengamot
  • 5668 posts
  • IGN:Andrew Arima

@Lily Arlington, I 110% vouch for that, that would be awesome! :D

Kitty
  • Kitty
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • Student
  • 309 posts