• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

QueenTinseyCat
  • QueenTinseyCat
  • Muggle
  • Student
  • 2 posts
  • IGN:TinseyCat

My name in the game used to be Tinseycat but it got changed to Tinsey. I understand you do not want two names like "harrypotter" but this is not like that Tinseycat is a MADE UP word. It means something special in my family and it resembles my name. I think the server is amazing and its really fun.I joined yesterday and I have already played almost 4 hours. Even though its fun, I do not agree with the changing of my name. It means something to me and my family. If I can not have my name then I will not play on the server anymore or tell my friends about it. This is not to like force you into changing rules for me I'm just stating this is a silly rule and when I read the rules before joining the server I did not see anything about not haveing the name Tinseycat or anything like "harrypotter". There was not even a reference to it. Thank you for taking the time to read this and think about this "new" rule.

Aquilonn
  • Aquilonn
  • Wizengamot
  • 5668 posts
  • IGN:Andrew Arima

It's not a new rule, more of an unspoken one. If a user has a name that Staff deem inappropriate to be used, due to it having inappropriate references for example, it will be changed to something more suitable. Another scenario is if a name isn't deemed to be a name suitable for a role play server. For example, say someone named themselves SaltNVineger, it wouldn't make sense from a role play perspective and would likely be changed. This is not an official answer and I can't/won't say yes or no, but I just want you to understand why it might have been changed. :)

Katna Malamius
  • Katna Malamius
  • Chief of the Wizards Council
  • Professor
  • 789 posts
  • IGN:Katna Malamius - Poisin_Kat

I forward what Andrew said, if it could be split into two words, it will be put into the most name worthy of the two. This is to prevent long names, that don't even sound fair, such as Poisinkat Cunningham. Although Poisin_Kat is my in game name, and is special to me, it's not a proper name. This is the same for Tinseycat, which can be split into Tinsey and cat, and isn't the most proper of names, therefore, whichever Staff member changed it, thought that the name was unsuitable. It's not an official rule, we just don't want improper names such as 'Spicysauce Jones', or 'Skypecall Cook'.

Malia SHSL Memelord
  • Malia SHSL Memelord
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • Student
  • 212 posts
  • IGN:Malia McGonagall

if this wasnt a "Rule" my name would be "Booty Mcgonagall"

Pandette
  • Pandette
  • Special Advisor to the Wizengamot
  • Administrators
  • 2648 posts
  • IGN:iarepandemonium

@QueenTinseyCat As stated, I changed your name due to the fact that we don't permit compound words in the server.  Occasionally names like Lilyann get overlooked because they could be a different spelling of Lillian, but even something like AnneSue would be changed due to the fact it is not one name, but in fact two.  I understand you think that it's 'one' word, but your arguement is invalid in the fact that you recognize it as two words by the spelling of your name QueenTinseyCat << where you justify which word is which by capitalizing it.  So at this point, it is clear you are simply arguing to argue.

I don't like to lose users, but I rather lose a user than have someone argue with something that in most players eyes is a perfectly reasonable rule and maintains the 'life-like' view of the world.

Unless for whatever reason, all my co-owner outvote me, which I doubt they will, this rule will still be inplace.

QueenTinseyCat
  • QueenTinseyCat
  • Muggle
  • Student
  • 2 posts
  • IGN:TinseyCat

Ok, I understand why you have this, I still disagree but I'm ok with it. Is there anyway I could change my name to something besides Tinsey though because it's equivalent to having my name as "small". Also if this is a rule I suggest adding it written somewhere because other wise no one will no and it can prevent things like this in the future.

Pandette
  • Pandette
  • Special Advisor to the Wizengamot
  • Administrators
  • 2648 posts
  • IGN:iarepandemonium

Ok, I understand why you have this, I still disagree but I'm ok with it. Is there anyway I could change my name to something besides Tinsey though because it's equivalent to having my name as "small". Also if this is a rule I suggest adding it written somewhere because other wise no one will no and it can prevent things like this in the future.

Yes, contact me when i am online this after noon and i can change it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users