• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Thalli Take
  • Thalli Take
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • Student
  • 227 posts
  • IGN:bagged_milk

So I know nothing about plugins, especially the brooms plugin, but I had an idea in Flying class. Maybe a future feature (fun combination, those two words) could be making brooms. Such as- Making the item representing a broom on the server and then using certain charms on it to create the broom. More experience with broom making, higher tiers, and experience with the certain charms could also affect the broom- Lower experience results in Hogwarts Broom quality or less, higher can be the better quality brooms. Just an idea, don't know if it's in the making or even possible. 

Aquilonn
  • Aquilonn
  • Wizengamot
  • 5668 posts
  • IGN:Andrew Arima

Hey, Hogwarts brooms are amazing I like the idea of this, myself. :) Say it were added though, I think it should take a LONG time to be able to make even a low-level broom, as flying brooms are meant to be very difficult to make, and not to mention brooms are quite expensive. You should not be making Starsweeper XX1s after a day of grinding, I could see 120 hours of actual playtime put towards it being viable. 

So tl;dr:

I like the idea, but if it gets added, it needs to be pretty fleshed out so being able to make brooms takes time and effort.

Veara Titan
  • Veara Titan
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • Student
  • 403 posts
  • IGN:Veara Titan / Veara_

I like this idea too. That's all I have to say :P

Kwesi
  • Kwesi
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • Student
  • 236 posts
  • IGN:Gareott Armstrong

Yeah, I remember talking about this with the staff months ago. I'm hoping they've still got something like this planned but it's nice to see it pop up again. Let's hope the best for the future. :) 

Kwesi
  • Kwesi
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • Student
  • 236 posts
  • IGN:Gareott Armstrong

Although, I will say this: I don't think people should be able to make the current models on the market. I think players should make their own brooms entirely. It would be more accurate to make broomsticks very customisable. There would be the different parts that would be sold in shops, the quality of those would determine the price at which they're sold. Obviously then, which parts are used to construct the broom will affect how it works before it's bewitched. It would be cool if players could have the option to construct it without pedals, but if they did, it would make their broom generally harder to control, never being fully smooth while flying, but broom level would count (like before the times of racing broomsticks, built for better speed and control).

Then you would have the magical portion, I mean, how I see it is that you'd have the general spell that bewitches a broomstick to make it a flying broomstick, that would make the broom perform based solely on the parts used to make it. Then, for higher level customisation, you would have other spells that would affect it, such as the Braking Charm, which makes brooms stop more precisely. There could be other spells that affect how fast it will be able to fly and maybe even others spell, but yeah, that's how I see this whole thing working to me.

In the end, they can name it whatever they please and it will be their personal model to do with as they please.

Pandette
  • Pandette
  • Special Advisor to the Wizengamot
  • Administrators
  • 2648 posts
  • IGN:iarepandemonium

I was planning on having this be possible, but the problem with this is 1: all the broom stats would have to be listed on the broom.  2: selling them would be difficult since the broom itself would have it's own values and you would have to sell each broom individual.

I think, the materials for making the broom might be something difficult, and then you might have to do multiple steps spell wise to make them, and then it might be destroyed before you finish, making there be a low chance of success even at higher rates since brooms ARE supposed to be difficult.  Might also make it so it's a timed thing, perhaps use potions to do this.  So perhaps a combinations of using the potions plugin, and using the spells plugin eventually. However, again, this isn't a focus and it has been planned tho for awhile.  Custom wands are in a closer range than custom brooms.

Thalli Take
  • Thalli Take
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • Student
  • 227 posts
  • IGN:bagged_milk

I agree with about everything here, so.. Great! 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Server

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users