• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

TheStartreker
  • TheStartreker
  • Chief of the Wizards Council
  • Student
  • 771 posts
  • IGN:Star Thestral Holmes

So apparently, people are not allowed to sell alcohol at their bar if it is not sold 'correctly' with an aTrade sign. I find this weird. Im not really sure what it means. There is no 'correct' way to sell something, you don't need to have an aTrade sign. I was told if I were to sell it by hand (dropping the thing while they give the money) I would be sued, and the shop would be taken. I feel that 1) This is an overreaction, to take away the shop for that and 2) Why can't we do it the drop+drop way? I feel that this is quite strange, I would like to maybe see this be changed. It makes not sense, sorry.

-Star

Veara Titan
  • Veara Titan
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • Student
  • 403 posts
  • IGN:Veara Titan / Veara_

It seems pretty shadey to just drop some alcohol to someone and receive money for it. It's more proper to sell it with an aTrade sign in a verified shop and stuff. 

This isn't a real answer it's just what I think :P

TheStartreker
  • TheStartreker
  • Student
  • 771 posts

We were working on the signs but they keep not working, idk why.

Richela
  • Richela
  • Administrators
  • 885 posts
  • IGN:Richela

Who told you this? @TheStartreker

Crane
  • Crane
  • Administrators
  • 743 posts
  • IGN:Liam Blishwick

Currently the atrade plugin which we use is very wonky when using it with anything with special tags and hidden effects.

e.g. Potions from the Potion plugin turns to normal, broken potions and of cause the beverages from the Brewery plugin is messed up :/

Pandette actually had to write a plugin in order for the server to be able to even sell the Drinks so I am afraid there is no easy way around the whole sign-shop thing.

Also I second the question of Richela :)

Fancepants
  • Fancepants
  • Administrators
  • 843 posts
  • IGN:Fance Garland

It is wonky but I never heard of there being an issue making up own bar. Not against the rules. Plus it sounds like any normal liquor store where u buy alcohol for money. Where did u hear it from

TheStartreker
  • TheStartreker
  • Student
  • 771 posts

@Richela@Crane@Fancepants Well, its their bar that I'm helping them make, but they said we had to do the aTrades because someone told them the whole thingy thing, so when I said I would ask about this on the forums, they requested that I did not mention their name. 

Richela
  • Richela
  • Administrators
  • 885 posts
  • IGN:Richela

@TheStartreker
Well, that probably means that it was either not a staff member or it was a staff member who didn't actually know what they were talking about. It is not a rule that you can't sell drinks like that as long as you don't try to scam people,

TheStartreker
  • TheStartreker
  • Student
  • 771 posts

Okay, thank you for all of your help everyone =)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users