Started by Bob Titan , Feb 16 2016 12:25 AM

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Bob Titan
  • Bob Titan
  • Chief of the Wizards Council
  • 829 posts
  • IGN:Bob Titan

It was just before the potions class and I was just sitting around and then I just started a friendly conversation with Ashley(AshtheHufflepug)Arlington. He, for some reason that I do not know, said that I was badgering staff when I did nothing at all. So I was content to just let it drop but ash continued to say "stop doing that Bob". I asked him what I was doing but he would not tell me. Then he told me to go away or he would jail me. All I was doing was waiting for potions class to start and I didn't want another player to take my spot so I didn't move and he jailed me. After my jail time was up I left the class in order to avoid further arguments. Apparently Ash had screen shots and I would love to see them. I do not have screen shots, as I don't know how to take or acces then on my computer, but there were a bunch of eye witnesses that have the same story as me.
Thanks for reading -Bob(ColonelBubbles)Sinistra

Pandette
  • Pandette
  • Special Advisor to the Wizengamot
  • Administrators
  • 2648 posts
  • IGN:iarepandemonium

I would like to see these screenshots / logs.

Richela
  • Richela
  • Administrators
  • 885 posts
  • IGN:Richela

@AshBash
Could you please show these screenshots and possibly explain the situation from your point of view?

LeoMania
  • LeoMania
  • O.W.L. Student
  • Student
  • 188 posts
  • IGN:Leo Garland

OKAY SO. 

I came to potions class, with Reia, and, on arriving, Bob came up to me and started talking about stuff from towny months ago.  I told him to how I didn't care (for the situation) and said about how this wasn't the time, as the whole "clove" fallout was on going, and I was dealing with people talking at me on TS. He kept jumping about in front of me, and then cast expulso on me, after me saying "Hey Bob. Shut up, or it's harrassing staff bave (babe) :)" (http://i.imgur.com/4vpHBY1.png)

This was after telling him multiple times that I didn't want to speak to him at that time. He continued dancing around me. I told him to stop, and he didn't ask what to stop or anything, and just jumped around more, and was creeping around me.

This incident started around 13-16 minutes before the class, and I jailed him for 3 minutes, around 6 minutes before the start of the class. During this time, he stayed within 10 blocks of me, not at a set desk, and doing something by way of jumping, creeping, or something to grab attention from me and Reia, who was dealing with "clove" backlash with Pande. 

I believe I dealt with this situation correctly, however there was room to improve I will admit.

This is my Launcher Log re:the situation.(unrelevant removed, Citations in *x*)

[21:33:25] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [L] [R/6] Bob Sinistra: Hi Ash
[21:33:32] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [L] [H/2] Ashley Arlington: what
[21:33:42] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [L] [R/6] Bob Sinistra: Remember you thought i wanted to kill you?

[21:33:52] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [L] [R/6] Bob Sinistra: Oliver
[21:33:52] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [L] [H/2] Ashley Arlington: remember how you cheated at a duel
[21:34:01] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [L] [R/6] Bob Sinistra: ONly lamb chops for you
[21:34:03] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [L] [R/6] Bob Sinistra: I did not

[21:34:09] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [L] [H/2] Ashley Arlington: ye
[
[21:34:13] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [L] [R/6] Bob Sinistra: Nope
[21:34:18] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [L] [R/6] Bob Sinistra: I refuse

[21:34:27] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [L] [H/2] Ashley Arlington: I honestly don't care.

[21:34:29] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [L] [H/2] Draco Hunter: It's called being bob you get special traits.
[21:34:30] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [L] [G/6] Oliver Blishwick: you are awesome Ashley xD
[21:34:33] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [L] [R/6] Bob Sinistra: Oliver do i cheat in duels
[21:34:36] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [L] [H/2] Draco Hunter: Ye

[21:34:37] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [L] [G/6] Oliver Blishwick: ummm

[21:34:45] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [L] [G/6] Oliver Blishwick: idk :i
*x* during the above area he was jumping around me, standing directly in front of me, and generally getting in my way, when I said shut up I meant to type stop that *x*
[21:34:49] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [L] [H/2] Ashley Arlington: Hey bob. Shut up, or it's harrassing staff bave :)
[21:34:49] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [L] [R/6] Bob Sinistra: Expulso
[21:34:50] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [L] [H/2] Draco Hunter: He don't.
[21:34:54] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [+] Bea Campbell
[21:34:59] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Saved screenshot as 2016-02-15_21.34.58.png
[21:35:00] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Saved screenshot as 2016-02-15_21.34.59.png
[21:35:04] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [L] [H/2] Draco Hunter: He is a brilliant Wizard
*x* He then proceded to apparate around me, and behind me *x*
[21:35:20] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [L] [R/6] Bob Sinistra: Apparate

[21:35:35] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [L] [R/6] Bob Sinistra: Apparate

[21:35:50] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [L] [R/6] Bob Sinistra: Apparate
*x* after a couple more minutes of jumping around me, whilst I was trying to move to different seats *x*
[21:37:23] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [L] [H/2] Ashley Arlington: bob you need to not

[21:37:33] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [L] [R/6] Bob Sinistra: Not....?
*I was typing my reply, as he jumped at me again, so I scrapped it for this *x*
[21:37:46] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [L] [H/2] Ashley Arlington: if you particularly enjoy house points, then leave me alone

[21:38:04] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [L] [H/2] Ashley Arlington: or you won't have any anymore
*x* here is when Pande began talking about the clove situation, after I had already been talking to Reia about it *x* 
*x* draco got involved here, but I didn't notice this due to other events unfolding *x*
[21:38:44] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [L] [H/2] Draco Hunter: I think that you should chill Ashley before you get demoted for abusin.

[21:39:10] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [L] [R/6] Bob Sinistra: Its okay Draco don't get into this

[21:39:21] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [L] [H/2] Draco Hunter: But bawb
*x*during this time, bob continues to jump around me, and be a general nuisance, as I'm trying to calm tensions on TS*x*

[21:40:52] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [L] [H/2] Ashley Arlington: bob you need to not

[21:41:02] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [L] [H/2] Ashley Arlington: like this is not the damn time

[21:41:15] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [L] [R/6] Bob Sinistra: I dont even know what i am doing
*x*I begin to type a response, as he starts jumping closer to me again, once again scrap said response for this*x*
[21:41:37] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [L] [H/2] Ashley Arlington: bob, you've got ten seconds to b the hell awa from me or you've got detention

[21:41:46] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [L] [H/2] Ashley Arlington: 10
[21:41:49] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [L] [H/2] Ashley Arlington: 9

[21:41:52] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [L] [H/2] Ashley Arlington: 8

[21:41:54] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [L] [H/2] Ashley Arlington: 7

[21:41:57] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [L] [R/6] Bob Sinistra: Ash i didnt do anything
[21:41:57] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [L] [H/2] Ashley Arlington: 6
*x* Here I consult TS, regarding this, and was told by a couple of staff, including Reia, to just put him in detention, if I had warned him, which I believe I had sufficiently, posting the following whilst talking to them*x*

[21:42:04] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [L] [H/2] Ashley Arlington: Staff harrasment
*x* I then left him sufficient time to apologize/talk his way out of it, and am leaving full (censored for privacy) logs in, to show he did not *x*

[21:42:14] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Staff] [Pandetta Bell] ****
[21:42:20] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Staff] [Reia Hunter] ****
[21:42:23] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Staff] [Katna Cunningham] ****
[21:42:25] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [L] [H/2] Lily Flume: ****
[21:42:33] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [L] [S/3] Meow Malfoy: ****
[21:42:34] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [L] [H/2] Lily Flume: ****
[21:42:36] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Staff] [Katna Cunningham] ****
[21:42:42] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [L] [H/2] Pandie Westenberg: Lol we know
[21:42:42] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [G] [?/1] Sorayah Morgan: ****
[21:42:43] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [L] [S/3] Meow Malfoy: ****
[21:42:53] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [-] Maddie Flume
[21:42:53] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [L] [H/2] Pandie Westenberg: ****
[21:42:54] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [G] [R/5] Lisa Blishwick: ****
[21:42:55] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [L] [S/3] Meow Malfoy: ****
[21:42:55] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Staff] [Katna Cunningham] ****
[21:42:59] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Staff] [Pandetta Bell]****

*x* after almost a full minute, I jailed him for 3 minutes, which I believed to be a sufficient time, after the amount of warnings he was given, and purposefully left enough time for him to get back to class after jail.
[21:43:00] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] Player ColonelBubbles jailed for 3 minutes.
[21:43:02] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [+] Maddie Flume
[21:43:05] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [L] [S/4] Harmony Arlington: ****
[21:43:08] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Staff] [Katna Cunningham] ****
[21:43:10] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [Staff] [Pandetta Bell] ****
[21:43:10] [Client thread/INFO]: [CHAT] [me -> Bob] I told you

LeoMania
  • LeoMania
  • O.W.L. Student
  • Student
  • 188 posts

I would also like to highlight that, throughout the entire conflict/all the way up to, and during the first at least ten minutes of the class, there were various spare "spots" around the entirety of the classroom, so I find the idea of requiring one to be saved implausible also.

Bob Titan
  • Bob Titan
  • 829 posts

Um that expulso was casted directly at the ground. Also I was not trying to be in your way at all I was honestly just moving around instead of just sitting in one spot for a while.

LeoMania
  • LeoMania
  • O.W.L. Student
  • Student
  • 188 posts

Screenshot shows you looking up to me, at a very similar time to when you would have been casting it. Chat fades after... what, 5 seconds? so that screenshot would show you looking up to me as you were casting.

And, if you were trying to save your spot (as you said earlier), surely you would stay in the same spot, instead of "just moving around instead of just sitting in one spot for a while."

This is up to people in higher positions than me to decide if what was done was correct, but, honestly, 3 minute detention, with thought to the class ahead, which you still could have very easily attended, as you can see by timestamps in the posted log, isn't worth all of this, and I certainly do not believe it was unreasonable, given the circumstances, just my opinion.

Pandette
  • Pandette
  • Administrators
  • 2648 posts

@ColonelBubbles @Ashbash  I would like to see the screen shots, but if this is true, then i have to say those types of things are in fact annoying.  However, in this case Ashley, you should not jail him directly, but ask another staff member to witness this, as it is abuse of perms for doing something for yourself.  Just as it is abuse of perms if a Co-Owner were to change their own last name, if there is something personally bothering you, you should ask another staff member to enact the punishment and if there is no one on, take screen shots to prove no one was on at the time that you needed it done.

LeoMania
  • LeoMania
  • O.W.L. Student
  • Student
  • 188 posts

Screenshot is here http://i.imgur.com/4vpHBY1.png

If another incident of this nature happens again, I will get another staff member to confirm that they are witnessing the issue. I was standing next to Reia, and did believe she witnessed the situation, however I have now discovered she hadn't. I'll also do my best to take better screenshots, covering more comprehensively, the situation.

I'm sorry this happened, and I'll do my best to improve in the future.

Pandette
  • Pandette
  • Administrators
  • 2648 posts

Screenshot is here http://i.imgur.com/4vpHBY1.png

If another incident of this nature happens again, I will get another staff member to confirm that they are witnessing the issue. I was standing next to Reia, and did believe she witnessed the situation, however I have now discovered she hadn't. I'll also do my best to take better screenshots, covering more comprehensively, the situation.

I'm sorry this happened, and I'll do my best to improve in the future.

Thx Ash.  It's always better if something is personally bugging you to have another staff member do the commands to prevent 1) people abusing it in anger or 2) add another witness to the event.

Bob Titan
  • Bob Titan
  • 829 posts

Just want to say that if you were casted on with expulso you would have taken a screen shot when you took hearts and moved.

LeoMania
  • LeoMania
  • O.W.L. Student
  • Student
  • 188 posts

Like I said. I'll be taking more screenshots in the future.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users