• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Rose
  • Rose
  • O.W.L. Student
  • Student
  • 117 posts
  • IGN:Rose Schoenheit

This coming month I will be buying a new computer. Since I've observed that many of you are considerably more tech-savvy than I am, I was wondering if you have any recommendations?

My only requirements:
•inexpensive yet durable
•laptop (and easily to travel with)
•would be nice if it had a CD/DVD port
•able to run Minecraft easily (duh)
•has word processing/office tools
--------

I'm currently using a MacBook Air, but was raised using Windows. There's nothing wrong with my MacBook, except that it's not actually mine...it's a work computer.

Thanks so much for your help!

Kaneki
  • Kaneki
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • Student
  • 381 posts
  • IGN:Kaneki Shimada

One recommendation i have is a Dell laptop called Inspiron 11 3000 Series 2-in-1. It's an extremely good computer despite the reviews, and is very dependable. Along with that, it's a 2-in-1, meaning it's both a Computer and Tablet. Hope this helps!  :D  Unfortunately, it does not have a CD insert :P. Portable computers usually don't have that.

Andrew Longbottom
  • Andrew Longbottom
  • O.W.L. Student
  • Student
  • 115 posts
  • IGN:AndrewIsAPenguin

My computer doesn't have a cd/dvd insert but I have a cheap player that plugs into the laptop and works great, so easy fix.

TheStartreker
  • TheStartreker
  • Chief of the Wizards Council
  • Student
  • 771 posts
  • IGN:Star Thestral Holmes

I think a MacBook Pro might be good, since it is a laptop, has a DVD and CD thingy ma wats it, it has word processing stuffz, but you can always get microsoft office or something if it does not because I know thats a word thing with a lot of helpful stuff. And I'm using a MacBook Air so I think the Pro can run minecraft pretty well =)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users