Master_XD300
  • Master_XD300
  • Squib
  • Student
  • 14 posts
  • IGN:Nobody

Hello to everybody who reads this :)

Yesterday i looked up what actually my family is: It is Curse

I asked in house chat which spells are curses. The answer was that only avada kedabra etc. would be some which aren't on this server

So i kept thinking about his topic. Normaly your Curse and your Gift should balance each other. But if you got Curse as gift is has no effect cause there aren't curses :( Sure it is for the rp but still it should have some sense because people with other gifts got an advantage and people with curse just have a curse

I would appreciate it, if some spells would be added which are curses so this gift isn't totally useless.

Because know it is very unbalanced if somebody got nonverbal as gift and someother curse :c

Gleamss
  • Gleamss
  • O.W.L. Student
  • Student
  • 187 posts
  • IGN:Gleamss

At least you got a cool one, mine is transfiguration and I never use it. But you just gave me an idea for a suggestion. Thanks!

Veara Titan
  • Veara Titan
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • Student
  • 403 posts
  • IGN:Veara Titan / Veara_

There are a few curses on the server, just gotta find out which ones :P

Pandette
  • Pandette
  • Special Advisor to the Wizengamot
  • Administrators
  • 2648 posts
  • IGN:iarepandemonium

Actually currently there arent any curses because they are going to be kind of a big deal when we do make them, and the way they work will be different from other spells (curses will have permanent effects unlike other spells which could be a huge issue also it would just not be cool if people spammed curses on people the second they found out how to use them) so we are still working out the kinks on it.  Sorry, but this is a WIP

Master_XD300
  • Master_XD300
  • Squib
  • Student
  • 14 posts

You see thats my problem :)

Some say there are curses some say there aren't :D

@Pandette: So you work currently on curses because if that is true there isn't a need for this thread because the gift finally makes sense :P

Pandette
  • Pandette
  • Special Advisor to the Wizengamot
  • Administrators
  • 2648 posts
  • IGN:iarepandemonium

You see thats my problem :)

Some say there are curses some say there aren't :D

@Pandette: So you work currently on curses because if that is true there isn't a need for this thread because the gift finally makes sense :P

..... Well considering I am the owner and I coded the spells plugin, I think I have the better authority to say.

Master_XD300
  • Master_XD300
  • Squib
  • Student
  • 14 posts

I never said i don't think you got the authority to do that i just wanted to be secure tht i understood it right. Nice to hear that it's beeing worked on. :)

By the way : What do curses do then? :) permanent Debuffs?

Bella Scarlet
  • Bella Scarlet
  • Court Scribe
  • Student
  • 1275 posts
  • IGN:bella

when u add curses will confringo be changed to a curse cause that is actully post to be a curse?

Crane
  • Crane
  • Chief of the Wizards Council
  • Administrators
  • 743 posts
  • IGN:Liam Blishwick

As Pande said, we are not going for the 100% canon definition of Curses.
My guess would be that the strongest spells which would normally be considered Curses would be hexes at most while Curses are reserved for the spells like the unforgiven Curses or maybe fiendfyre - I ain't the one coding that stuff. In other words they would have to be made specifically with the intent of being used as Curses :P

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Server

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users