• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Bjor
  • Bjor
  • Witch/Wizard
  • Student
  • 69 posts
  • IGN:Bjor Vargr (Antler)

So now that (with some difficulty) you can fly and cast, I think I'd be a cool feature if some spells knocked players off their brooms. Mostly direct damage PVPs one, because while bombarda would probably knock someone off their broom, silencio probably wouldn't. 

Maybe even the skill of the flyer and the caster determines the chance of falling/remaining on the broom? 

It's not something I think NEEDS to happen, but I could see something like mid-air duels being made more interesting by this, and it adds a little bit of 'realism' imo. 

Pandette
  • Pandette
  • Special Advisor to the Wizengamot
  • Administrators
  • 2648 posts
  • IGN:iarepandemonium

So now that (with some difficulty) you can fly and cast, I think I'd be a cool feature if some spells knocked players off their brooms. Mostly direct damage PVPs one, because while bombarda would probably knock someone off their broom, silencio probably wouldn't. 

Maybe even the skill of the flyer and the caster determines the chance of falling/remaining on the broom? 

It's not something I think NEEDS to happen, but I could see something like mid-air duels being made more interesting by this, and it adds a little bit of 'realism' imo. 

sounds cool will consider.

Veara Titan
  • Veara Titan
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • Student
  • 403 posts
  • IGN:Veara Titan / Veara_

But when you cast a spell on a broom while flying, most of the time the spell hits you, if it's a spell that you can affect yourself with.

Example: I cast rictusempra while flying straight at a normal speed, the rictusempra hits me.

Bjor
  • Bjor
  • Witch/Wizard
  • Student
  • 69 posts
  • IGN:Bjor Vargr (Antler)

But when you cast a spell on a broom while flying, most of the time the spell hits you, if it's a spell that you can affect yourself with.

Example: I cast rictusempra while flying straight at a normal speed, the rictusempra hits me.

Yeah I noticed this with silencio xnx But a lot of spells still work.

I'd be down to watch a flying duel. 

Lisa Flume
  • Lisa Flume
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • Administrators
  • 414 posts
  • IGN:Lisa Flume

And then if this is the case, we should add to the Hogwarts rules of Quidditch that there should be no spell casting in the arena during games to prevent cheating ;)

I like this idea a lot

Katna Malamius
  • Katna Malamius
  • Chief of the Wizards Council
  • Professor
  • 789 posts
  • IGN:Katna Malamius - Poisin_Kat

And then if this is the case, we should add to the Hogwarts rules of Quidditch that there should be no spell casting in the arena during games to prevent cheating ;)

I like this idea a lot

That is an actual canon rule, I have a copy of Quidditch Through The Ages.

There are seven rules in Quidditch, and many, many more fouls. This rule is Rule #6.

"6. Wands may be taken on to the pitch but must under no circumstances whatsoever be used against opposing team members, any opposing team member's broom, the referee, any of the balls or any member of the crowd."

This was put in place, because if it was forbidden, it would interfere with the right to bear a wand, which is basically like freedom of speech in magic world.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Server

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users