Started by Aquilonn , Sep 09 2016 12:15 PM

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Aquilonn
  • Aquilonn
  • Wizengamot
  • 5668 posts
  • IGN:Andrew Arima

I didn't want to have to make this but I will. Many top tier duelists know that the spell Sectumsempra goes through walls and many people take advantage of this. However, this is a bug, this was already fixed at one point but it came back.

So why isn't this in the Bug Reports? Because it's not the fact I'm reporting the bug, but the fact people are abusing it. Bug abuse is a bannable offense right? Well wouldn't using this bug with Sectumsempra be considered bug abuse, and therefore cheating? And the sad fact is, many people do it, including some Admins I hear. So until this is fixed, I wanted to bring to light that using this bug to win is cheating so long as bug abuse is considered cheating and I believe it should be punishable or at least brought to light for what it is.

Veara Titan
  • Veara Titan
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • Student
  • 403 posts
  • IGN:Veara Titan / Veara_

Stupefy also goes through walls, and there are other spells that go through walls too. This isn't me arguing, this is me just bringing those spells up :3

As a Spell Dev, I don't think all spells should have a bouncing effect, but it would also make sense for some spells to end once they reach a block.

That's just my look on it :P

Aquilonn
  • Aquilonn
  • Wizengamot
  • 5668 posts
  • IGN:Andrew Arima

Stupefy also goes through walls, and there are other spells that go through walls too. This isn't me arguing, this is me just bringing those spells up :3

As a Spell Dev, I don't think all spells should have a bouncing effect, but it would also make sense for some spells to end once they reach a block.

That's just my look on it :P

Stupefy isn't as big an issue since it got nerfed into oblivion, otherwise it would be included here as well. No spell should go through walls and to my knowledge no spells that have a projectile or movement effect of some kind is meant to. The point of this though is not the fact this is a bug, it has been stated directly by Nomsy a few months back that it IS a bug. The point of this is that countless people are abusing this and until this is fixed those players should be punished for bug abuse since they use this bug to win duels and such.

Bella Scarlet
  • Bella Scarlet
  • Court Scribe
  • Student
  • 1275 posts
  • IGN:bella

also both those spells have infanate range almost btw

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users