• This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic

L645
  • L645
  • Muggle
  • Student
  • 3 posts
  • IGN:Colton Renshaw

When I saw the rule on the forums that you cannot cast on others, I assumed it was a roll playing rule, as this seemed kind of obvious to me that it would be. However, I was informed that this is a server rule. This seems a little ridiculous to me, and I suggest the rule is changed. I think it should be fine to cast on people, but don't troll them by casting on them continually or just not leaving them alone, and don't cast on staff members on duty. I think this would be much better than the current system, where half the spells seem almost useless.

Grace
  • Grace
  • Witch/Wizard
  • Student
  • 85 posts
  • IGN:Grace Granger

It means you cannot cast on people without their consent. Which seems right, since some spells can be annoying and may cause death

L645
  • L645
  • Muggle
  • Student
  • 3 posts

Yes, I understand the rule, I just think it should be changed. 

Annnub
  • Annnub
  • Chief of the Wizards Council
  • Builder
  • 523 posts
  • IGN:App Ellis

I do not personally agree to this. It's annoying being casted on even if it's not harassment. Imagine having a 5 minute Rictusempra casted on you, or you're a Helper helping a new person and someone casts an annoying spell on you. I believe the rule will probably never change dramatically like this, but who knows maybe it might! I just don't agree and feel a lot of other people wouldn't either.

Elsa Ollivander
  • Elsa Ollivander
  • Chief of the Wizards Council
  • Student
  • 672 posts
  • IGN:Elsa Ollivander

I highly doubt the rule will change, just so it can fit KnockturnMC, since it's a roleplaying server. I would also like to point out that staff members are always on duty, no matter what time of day it is. From the time they log on to the time to log out, that's when they're on duty. Because of this, staff members should never be casted on. They do not always have the time to have Rictusempra or Miedos casted on them. Frankly, the no-casting-on-others-without-their-consent rule seems fair, and shouldn't be changed. I would hate to be Orbis'd every 5 seconds >.>

Seph
  • Seph
  • O.W.L. Student
  • Student
  • 152 posts
  • IGN:Seph Prion

#BringDuelingBackSoICanTorturePeopleAgain

NerdyEevee
  • NerdyEevee
  • O.W.L. Student
  • Student
  • 138 posts
  • IGN:Eevee Miller

Look. You say that the rule should be that you can cast on people if you are not trolling them. That's pretty much what the rule is though.

L645
  • L645
  • Muggle
  • Student
  • 3 posts

That is not what the rule is currently. Currently, casting once on someone as a friendly joke is not allowed, but I think it should be fine to cast on someone as long as you do not continue doing it, making play impossible. As for staff being on duty, I mean while they are actively helping someone, and the spell would make that difficult or impossible.

Also, I understand I have only been on this server for two days. I do not mean to disrupt anything and totally get it if this suggestion is denied. 

-Colt

Viøletta
  • Viøletta
  • N.E.W.T. Student
  • 307 posts
  • IGN:Violetta Arelle

That is not what the rule is currently. Currently, casting once on someone as a friendly joke is not allowed, but I think it should be fine to cast on someone as long as you do not continue doing it, making play impossible. As for staff being on duty, I mean while they are actively helping someone, and the spell would make that difficult or impossible.

Also, I understand I have only been on this server for two days. I do not mean to disrupt anything and totally get it if this suggestion is denied. 

-Colt

This is not completely correct. Casting on someone as a friendly joke would require their consent anyways, as they would laugh at it too. If you casted a 5 minute rictusempra on someone without their consent, they wouldn't be laughing and it would be considered harassment if you continued on. This rule will most likely not change. You said it seems obvious that it would be a roleplay rule but silly as a server rule.. This server is a roleplay server, so it only makes sense that casting on someone without consent is a rule. Otherwise, think of it like this - you go AFK in the forest and come back, finding out someone had killed you. You're being guided to class and someone casts rictusempra on you. You're strolling through the streets of Diagon Alley and someone decides to blind you. That would all be allowed, basically. 

I love that you're sharing ideas and putting your opinions, but this is a pretty solid rule right now. But thank you anyways. ^-^

Pandette
  • Pandette
  • Special Advisor to the Wizengamot
  • Administrators
  • 2648 posts
  • IGN:iarepandemonium

When I saw the rule on the forums that you cannot cast on others, I assumed it was a roll playing rule, as this seemed kind of obvious to me that it would be. However, I was informed that this is a server rule. This seems a little ridiculous to me, and I suggest the rule is changed. I think it should be fine to cast on people, but don't troll them by casting on them continually or just not leaving them alone, and don't cast on staff members on duty. I think this would be much better than the current system, where half the spells seem almost useless.

There was a vote for this just last month and the entire server had voted around 80% of people saying they didn't want the rule changed.  As far as casting on people, it IS a roleplay rule.  The different between it being role play or server is if you cast on someone numerous times.  At that point it ceases to be roleplay and moves into HARASSMENT.  There is a huge different between someone throwing rictusempra into a classroom & someone following someone else around casting it on them until they get so upset they quit the server.

The reason the rule is exists to make sure EVERYONE is allowed to have fun, not just jerks and trolls.

Pandette
  • Pandette
  • Special Advisor to the Wizengamot
  • Administrators
  • 2648 posts
  • IGN:iarepandemonium

This is not completely correct. Casting on someone as a friendly joke would require their consent anyways, as they would laugh at it too. If you casted a 5 minute rictusempra on someone without their consent, they wouldn't be laughing and it would be considered harassment if you continued on. This rule will most likely not change. You said it seems obvious that it would be a roleplay rule but silly as a server rule.. This server is a roleplay server, so it only makes sense that casting on someone without consent is a rule. Otherwise, think of it like this - you go AFK in the forest and come back, finding out someone had killed you. You're being guided to class and someone casts rictusempra on you. You're strolling through the streets of Diagon Alley and someone decides to blind you. That would all be allowed, basically. 

I love that you're sharing ideas and putting your opinions, but this is a pretty solid rule right now. But thank you anyways. ^-^

Rictusempra has a cap of 3 minute iirc

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Server

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users