Started by Aquilonn , Jul 29 2015 06:00 AM

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Aquilonn
  • Aquilonn
  • Wizengamot
  • 5668 posts
  • IGN:Andrew Arima

Hello, my in-game name is Andrew Watson, I am 14 years of age and live in Southern Canada. I have been a fan of Harry Potter since 2013 when I got the video game for the Nintendo Gamecube (yes, I still had a Gamecube :P). The game gave a bit of story, but I was eager to find out more of it, so I started reading the books, watching the movies and before I knew it I was hooked.

I find myself very talkative and always trying to be friendly to whomever. I'm not afraid to answer questions nor humor what goes on in the chat. No matter what kind of impression you get from me right away, please don't be afraid to talk to me, I like to think I'm a pretty reasonable guy and I don't mind chatting about any subject you wish.

I try to be a bit more formal when I chat online, usually using capitalization and certain punctuation. I also refrain from using short words and acronyms and instead write out the actual phrase. My reasoning behind this is that I know people who are so lazy when typing a message online what could easily be, "Hey, I'll be right back ok?", turns into, "Hay m8, ill brb kk", and I generally frown upon that. Don't get the wrong idea, I won't shoot you down over a few acronyms or lack of capitalization, I just want people to understand why I don't use such things.

For in-game trivia, I joined the server a few days ago, and after struggling in London not realizing I wasn't in Diagon Alley yet, I was sorted into the Gryffindor house. I was so lost for some time that I literally couldn't attend any classes going on because I couldn't find the way from my dormitory to the Great Hall in time to catch the Guide. I made myself run laps there and back, so I'm good now though.

I'm still sinking my teeth into spellcasting, but I think I'm getting the hang of it. I once spent about half an hour by the fire in the Gryffindor Common Room working out Incendio, and after failing the movements, setting myself on fire (three times, one of which was lethal), and making typos on the incantation, I figured out that it didn't seem to work because I wasn't aimed at anything close, as it worked twice in a row aiming at something I could actually reach.

I find that I take in-game classes pretty seriously, always making sure I pay attention and not goof off. Some students might not think so, but I believe that Hogwarts Professors deserve the same respect as real schoolteachers as they teach, deal with students, and everything a teacher does on their spare time and they don't get paid for it. For these reasons, I make sure to appreciate every minute of what my Professors do and respect them entirely by not speaking out of turn, turning in assignments on time and doing them to the best of my ability, and asking sensible questions in class to help my Professors help me.

So that's it for me currently, if you care to know anything else about myself or my progress so far, feel free to ask me either on this thread or in Private Message via the Forums or in-game.  

Thank you for reading! :D

Jackson Riggs
  • Jackson Riggs
  • Witch/Wizard
  • Student
  • 66 posts
  • IGN:bearclaw28

Welcome to KnockturnMC! We're happy to have you here.

Bob Titan
  • Bob Titan
  • Chief of the Wizards Council
  • 829 posts
  • IGN:Bob Titan

Welcome! I live in southern Canada too!

Lily
  • Lily
  • Chief of the Wizards Council
  • Student
  • 526 posts
  • IGN:Lily Arlington