I, myself, enjoy writing a lot. I was thinking, we have competitions for artists and poets, why don't we have them for writers? I'm sure there are a lot of writers on this lovely server who would participate in this, so I decided to start this event!
Here's my basic idea: You will be supplied some time to write a book. Then, you will put it into google docs, and post the link as a comment in this thread, as well as your age bracket, IGN, and Roleplay Name. Then, players will have time to read all of the stories, then they will vote on their favorite.
The winner for each separate age bracket gets 50 galleons, second place for each age bracket gets 25 galleons, and third place for each age bracket gets 10 galleons, and the overall winner *the one with the most votes* will get 75 galleons! (so sorry if this amount seems cheap, I don't want to go into debt XD)
I'm having age brackets as you don't want to compare a 12 year old to an adult. These are the age brackets:
Again, you MUST have your age bracket with your google docs link.
I will then go and edit the post and put each link with the age bracket and put up a vote.
You will have until: January 1st to complete your books. I know this may seem like a short time to write a whole book, but we aren't looking for a 3000 page novel. Even writing 10 pages would be good! *If you have written other books, you can turn those in, they don't have to be written freshly new*
Then, readers will have until: January 14th to read all of the links. I know this seems like forever, but I'm hoping we will get a lot of replies on here, so it might take awhile to read all of them. Once they read all of the ones for a certain age bracket, they will vote for the overall best one. Also, thought I should put: Even if you are a writer you can still read the others and vote, but please don't automatically vote for yours just because you wrote it. If you honestly think another person did better, please vote for them!
I will then announce who won the contest! I will log on and give you your galleons whenever I can.
Lilly Knight: https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing
Katherine Shimada: https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing
Shadow Black: https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing
John Adams: https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing
Lego Bennett: https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing
Pandetta Bell: https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing
Feriun Howden: https://docs.google....dit?usp=sharing
(If you are confused on how to make a google docs: search for "google docs", click on "blank", and then copy-paste or type in your story. Then click "Share" in the top right corner. Give your book a name *the title, or, your IGN* and click Save. Then click on "Click Sharable Link" and copy-paste the link that pops up. Post that link in here.)
1) Please do not turn in a book that is over 100 pages. I understand if you want to make your book as long as possible, but please do that another time and make this just a cleanser. We don't want to spend hours reading 2000+ page books, so shorten it up. Even put in the first few chapters, and then make a longer google docs for us to read later!
2) Spelling, grammar, and punctuation all matter! You can't just fill the book with "u" "y" "i walked 2 da stor and got a cokie" as it will not be posted as a story to vote on. We want the best spelling, grammar, and punctuation possible. We aren't going to hold it against you if you miss a comma or misspell a word, but please take the time to read over your work at least two times to make sure it's all correct.
3) No inappropriate or troll stories. The inappropriate means not to post a link that you wouldn't want a 9 year old to read. You can have kissing in it, cuddling, dying, but anything you wouldn't want to say to your mother when you were in 2nd grade, don't post. For the troll, don't just fill it up with garbage. Either of these will not be voted on.
4) Please vote fairly. Don't just vote on one person because they are your friend. Actually be honest and fair in your votes.
5) Any author caught doing plagiarism (claiming another author's work as your own) will be immediately denied from the competition. This means the story you copied will not be voted on, and you won't be able to submit anything else. Plagiarism can even be punished by going to prison, so just don't do it.
6) Don't be a jerk about one player's writing. AKA, don't comment "LOL! ____'s writing is like a 3 year old wrote it! It's so bad! I could write something better in 3 minutes!!" This is a place to have fun and show your work off to others, not a place to criticize every little detail.
7) Have fun! Just because you didn't get 1st place doesn't mean you suck at writing! Please, continue your writing! Writing is an amazing thing to be interested in and an awesome talent, so please, continue doing it!
Winners from each age bracket will have their book published, and that book will be sold at TaroMart!
==Sorry, Competiton has been canceled due to not enough entries and due to me not having enough money for winners! Apologies! I'm so sorry, all of your stories are so amazing! ==